4 replies to this topic

#1 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking into the AA S410. it charges to 3,000 psi.By the time I get that and the scope there won't be much left for a fancy 1,000,000 cu. ft. carbon fiber tank.So what otions do you guys use?How many fills can you get from a standard 80 cu ft. 3,000 psi scuba tank?Thanks,

#2 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

The problem with a 3000lb tank as a reservoir is that you won't be able to fill the gun up to 3000lbs. As you load the gun the pressure in your 3000lb scuba tank will be below 3000lbs. That is why they use the 4K tanks. I bought a hand pump with mine. If you are doing a lot of plinking, then the tank is a way to go. I only shoot at things that bleed.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#3 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:30 PM

Although, if you did use the good old (and inexpensive) aluminum 80, it would give you a 90-99% fill, then you could top it off with the hand pump. Turns 100 pumps into 10 or 20...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

That is the best way to go with a 3000 psi tank. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

It's a good queston but I would go to the yellow forum and buy a carbon fiber setup, one with the line and quick disconnect for $485. It's a used setup but good until 2017. I had (4) 80 alum's and would always take two with me when I'd go out shooting. It works but the 88 4500 is 5 tanks rolled into one, can run 3,000 all day long and weighs about 15 pounds with carrier, air and tank. I did it the other way first because that's what I could afford at the time and got my money back before buying the carbon fiber. I think everybody should have a pump back up though!Good luck with your choice!Bone
If you kill it eat it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users