12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Anyone use them? I lost my binoculars last year and am going to snag some from my mom as an X-Mas present. I've been looking at the Fullfield II camo...probably in 10x42.Does anyone use them, or a similar set? Anything out there that you can recommend if not these? Criteria is: $200 range, compact, and preferably comes in camo (not a necessity).Thanks!
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#2 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:38 PM

Stick with Leupold optics as they guarantee their products evenwithout a receipt. I had dropped my binoculars and they replaced them no questions ask.
"The genuine sportsman is, by all odds, the mostimportant factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extinction." THEODORE ROOSEVELTNRA Lifetime Member/DU Member

#3 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

Check out Steiner 8x30 Predators, great light weight field glasses,I got a pair last year and never leave home with them. $199.95 on Ebay. ,,300wsm :signgreatreport3kg:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

Pentax makes some very nice and not too expensive binos too.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

I love my Pentax 10's. They are a little large, but my buddies that carry the compact 8's sure do envy me when we have to use them. I envy them while we're carrying them though. :-)Just a thought about camo. I have a friend that lost his camo pack up in Ak during a hunt a few years ago. They laid it down to take the shot, had to run up a rise to make sure that the goat fell. They looked back and couldn't find the pack. It was actually found a couple years later. I have just decided that all my gear will be solid colors except for my clothing. Clothing only is camo (except for my bow :-))

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Steve, I think that is the hot tip of the week.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

I did the same with my Leica Rangefinder. No Leica doesn't make camo anymore.

Time waits for no one--

#8 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Steve, I think that is the hot tip of the week.

Thanks Braz, wish i had come up with it before loosing that jacket, but then, under my rules I still loose clothing. As early and hot as it is when we hunt, i'm lucky i don't go home in my underwear. lol

Now THAT's funny right there!I've got the Leica too, BLACK - the LRF 1200, old school! :-)

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,500 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

I have the 1200 too as I finally found it. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--

#10 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

Nothing a little camo tape won't take care of!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#11 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the comments. My buddy uses a set of Monarchs and I like those a lot, but I still think they are bulky. The last pair or Bushnells I lost was also a compact set, but a good 10 years old. I did really like the size, so that is something I'm going to stick with. The last set I lost after I went after a White front that was dropped out at a friends duck club. I grabbed my backpack from the tank and forgot to snag the binos on the way to the goose and then to the truck. Lame.I'll look into those that were mentioned and go from there.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#12 Hipshot Percussion

Hipshot Percussion

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Bird Hunting- pheasant, Quail
    Bird dog training (two Brittany's)

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

I love my Nikon Monarchs I bought in black so I can find them. Have served me well for the last 5 years.

#13 krushem2000

krushem2000

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Anyone use them? I lost my binoculars last year and am going to snag some from my mom as an X-Mas present. I've been looking at the Fullfield II camo...probably in 10x42.Does anyone use them, or a similar set? Anything out there that you can recommend if not these? Criteria is: $200 range, compact, and preferably comes in camo (not a necessity).Thanks!

I got my Burris binos when I bought Burris fullfield II scope for my rifle. Only drawback with is cheesy cover that falls off while hunting in heavy brush. Lucky twice that I was paying attention and found covers on ground. Can't beat scope or binos been in rain/mud/snow with em and only had them fog up on me once but able to survive heavy cover when stalking deer last two years running. Don't go cheap otherwise pay price on quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users