20 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Posted ImageWith the exception of the guns and appropriate ammo for them, I pretty much take the same things with me each time I hit the woods on a hunt. I like to keep it all together as much as possible, that way I don't usually forget anything. I use a Dillon Range Bag with it's mutitude of pockets, inside and out, to keep everything organized. The only thing I have to change out, depending upon which guns I'm hunting that day, is the ammo. FRONT ROW TO BACK A couple of different empty pellet pouches. Pellet pouches holding mags for different guns. This way I always know where they are. Extra AA 410 Mags. AA 410 single shot tray. Small ziploc bags of weight sorted pellets. Lubed or unlubed. Factory data sheet showing that the DYNAMIC tin pellets are in fact non-lead. They look like lead to most people. Wind Meter. GPS personal locator. Ammo for .45 Colt Auto that I carry. Extra batteries for rangefinders. Lens tissues. Nose tissues. Extra hose and fill adapter/probes. Roll of special backwoods convenience paper. Insect repellent. Handkerchief. Shooting glove. Lens cleaners. Leica rangefinder. Leupold back up rangefinder. Leica binoculars with neck strap. AIRHOG Pigmee tank. Dillon Range Bag that everything goes into. I find that keeping things together like this makes it real handy to just grab my stuff and go. The other things, like My 88 cubic foot tank, bipod, target frame, .45 auto and holster, etc. I keep in one place also so I'm not looking all over for stuff. This works real well for me, what works for you guys.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

You're to organized for me Cliff. :smiley_green_with_envy: I throw my stuff in an old bag I used to carry shotgun shells to the trap club. I have to redo mine now, I'd be embarrassed to show it. Nice setup! :signs1242cn:

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

what works for you guys.

The bed of my pickup truck :smiley_green_with_envy: Sorry, couldn't help myself...While I am not that organized I do have things semi together. I use various items for various stuff, such as semi large plastic container(s), ammo cans, carrying cases & boxes, stuff like that. Believe that's about it...Frank

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

The bed of my pickup truck :smiley_green_with_envy:

That's what I should of said Frank. My vehicle hold a ton of stuff. Now if I couldn't just put my hand on what I'm looking for at the moment. Tin of pellets and my gun and I'm all set.

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

You're to organized for me Cliff. :smiley_green_with_envy: I throw my stuff in an old bag I used to carry shotgun shells to the trap club. I have to redo mine now, I'd be embarrassed to show it. Nice setup! :signs1242cn:

I hate looking for stuff, and to be honest, the older I'm getting the crappier my memory is. :huh: I figure if I keep things more or less bunched I should be okay for a few more years. When the day comes that I can't find the blue bag or the silver 4Runner in the garage, I'm done hunting. :huh: :lol:

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

I have a tool bag with all sorts of pockets.. I put my calls, scapels, ear splitter, rubber gloves, rope, and other small stuff in the pockets, down the middle is my bullets, orange, toilet paper, and other essentials. my e-caller fits in there too.., or if I am just using hand calls I switch over to a smaller tool bag.. Basically I carry mostly taxidermy stuff and calls.. with a few safety things thrown in as well.. Everything has its own spot so if IM skinning something I can tell whoever is with me to hand me such and such or whatever..

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

depends on were I am hunting and what I am hunting I have several back packs and small bags leg bags ect.

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

OMG! Now I have to be organized! There's the Red Bag, the Green Box, the Wood Box, the Console Box, the Glove Box, the Cardboard Boxes & the Bronco, Everything is in there somewhere. Am I gonna be graded on this?? :huh: Oh heck, I forgot the cooler!Is that gonna lower my grade??? :smiley_kewlpics: :pirashoot:

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

We grade on a curve so you should be good to go. :smiley_kewlpics:

#10 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

The bed of my pickup truck :smiley_kewlpics: Sorry, couldn't help myself...While I am not that organized I do have things semi together. I use various items for various stuff, such as semi large plastic container(s), ammo cans, carrying cases & boxes, stuff like that. Believe that's about it...Frank

Sounds like it works for you and that's all that matters.

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

I have a tool bag with all sorts of pockets.. I put my calls, scapels, ear splitter, rubber gloves, rope, and other small stuff in the pockets, down the middle is my bullets, orange, toilet paper, and other essentials. my e-caller fits in there too.., or if I am just using hand calls I switch over to a smaller tool bag.. Basically I carry mostly taxidermy stuff and calls.. with a few safety things thrown in as well.. Everything has its own spot so if IM skinning something I can tell whoever is with me to hand me such and such or whatever..

I'm the same way. I like to know where everything is, and that I could find it in the dark if I need to.

#12 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

OMG! Now I have to be organized! There's the Red Bag, the Green Box, the Wood Box, the Console Box, the Glove Box, the Cardboard Boxes & the Bronco, Everything is in there somewhere. Am I gonna be graded on this?? :pirashoot: Oh heck, I forgot the cooler!Is that gonna lower my grade??? :smiley_kewlpics: :)

I was on a prairie dog hunt in wyoming one time, and the friend I went with had kids, so he had locked all of his gun cases while he was waiting for our departure date to arrive. Well, we roll into the first dog town only to discover that he had forgotten the keys to the gun cases. You would be surprised just how quickly a tire iron can open a locked Case Guard Gun Case. :huh:

#13 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have a jacket with large pockets. Other than the rifle and shooting sticks, if I can't fit it in the pockets, it stays in the car.Now the car. . .It's a mess. :smiley_kewlpics: But I know whatever I need, it's there somewhere.db

#14 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

I have a jacket with large pockets. Other than the rifle and shooting sticks, if I can't fit it in the pockets, it stays in the car.Now the car. . .It's a mess. :smiley_kewlpics: But I know whatever I need, it's there somewhere.db

That can also be loosely defined as a system that works. At least for you, and that's all that matters. :pirashoot:

#15 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

Among other things mentioned above ,i carry a topo map of the area and foremost,a first aid kit which includes a few trauma bandages,snake bite kit and Calamine lotion for those pesky insect bites...I treat my hunting pants with Permanone a few days before to ward of ticks and a 6 oz bottle of hydrogen cloroxide to cleanse a wound...and a hydropack of water...Not everything shown here...but you getthe idea...Posted Image

#16 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

:bleh[1]:

Attached Files

#17 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

I am impressed!!!!! :signs1180lq: Maybe a video on organization to us messy hunters.....

#18 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Nice setups!

#19 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

Only thing I would add from what I see here is one of those mylar space blankets - they weigh nothing and take up little room, but are a godsend if you get stuck overnight someplace. Friend of mine broke his foot 5 miles from his truck - took him till the next day to limp out, and spent a very cold night out.

#20 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

We're supposed to be organized?

#21 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

Only thing I would add from what I see here is one of those mylar space blankets - they weigh nothing and take up little room, but are a godsend if you get stuck overnight someplace. Friend of mine broke his foot 5 miles from his truck - took him till the next day to limp out, and spent a very cold night out.

I got one Guess I could throw it in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users