#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

I used 10.2 gr JSB's in the 850 and got this cottontail this morning...hit him in the eye...Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 goldenarrow

goldenarrow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

:smiley_green_with_envy:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

Great shooting Rich. That will be a tasty trophy. It's fun hunting those guys they make for very tempting targets. :smiley_green_with_envy:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

Thanks...what amazes me it was 60 F early this AM and the .177 CO2 850 had enough punch....I'm thinking the 9oz Paintball tank is giving me a little more power from the additional volume...and this rifle is stock except for the tank...Fun gun as it is a bolt action 8 shot repeater...

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

If you hit those cottontails right you can anchor them pretty easily. I've taken them at 35 yards with my little Beeman R7. But my favorite walk and stalk springer is my R9 Goldfinger in .20 cal or even my .177 cal Goldfinger. I shot a few cottontails at my wife's cousins place the beginning of the season. But they had been shot at before and were difficult targets. They hid along the edge of the berry brambles growing along the river for an easy escape. In fact at first I was afraid to shoot at them as the closest I could get to them was about 80 yards before they hooped into cover. I was afraid if I didn't kill them they would disappear after being hit. But I used my AA410ERB and they didn't even kick when hit at 85 yards. You can never have too many airguns so that you have a good selection to choose from depending on the target. I'm going to need to hire a gun bearer soon.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

When I first got the 850,I was using RWS Wadcutters while waiting for some Crosman Premiers..When I hit the cottontails in the head at around 20-25 yards,they would do the "break dance of death".....and I'd sometimes have to shoot a backup shot....but these .177 JSB 10.2 GR knock them down good...One time, I hit a cottontail at 45 yards with my Beeman R9 .22 cal...(14.3 gr )...he dropped like a rock...think that is my longest kill to date on rabbits...soon as this turkey season ends,I'm going out after jackrabbits...they have eluded me so far....and I'll use the Disco on them..

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

:smiley_green_with_envy: :signs1242cn:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users