Photo

The Discovery and Tassel Eared Squirrels.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

After the JSB, Defiant experiment, I sighted the Disco in for 50 yards and went hunting. It was an absolutely gorgeous, sunny, calm day. The Temperature was in the low 50's. Just perfect for slipping through the woods, and putting the sneak on the furballs. I saw three, and got one. Once these guys get into the tops of some of the clusters of pines, there is just no spotting them if they don't want to be seen. The one that I was able to take was actually coming down a tree, and when he saw me he froze in place upside down on the side of the tree. I got the Disco rested on the Stoney Point Bipod and quickly shot a range on him. It came back at 47 yards. I simply put the crosshairs on his head and squeezed off the shot. THWACK! Plunk, and he was on the ground. No flip, no flop, just lights out. If you look closely at the picture, you can see on this guy, why they are called Tassel Eared Squirrels. He has some nice long ones on those big ears. That blue thing going from the bolt handle down around the trigger guard, is my super duper bolt holder closer thingy. The only problem I've had with my Disco's is the bolt not being closed when I fire it on occasion. I guess in the heat of battle I bump it and it pops up out of the locked position. When the gun fires the bolt comes open and a blast of air hits me in the face. The pellet isn't even close to hitting what you are aiming at. This solution works very well. These are not just ordinary rubber bands by the way. No sir these come to me from Phoenix, and are used to hold the plastic bag on the mornings newspaper. I'll be offering these hi-tech problem solvers for the bargain price of $19.95 each. They are available in a variety of colors. Order soon as quantities are limited. I think I only have two or three hundred on hand at this time.Posted ImagePosted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

ROFLMAO WOW such a bargain on those super dooper bolt holder... I suppose you already sold out huh LOL....Darn and I was gonna whip out the card and order a bunch ;)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Beautiful squirrel you got there.Oh and I may have to order some of those Hi-Tech bolt holder closers. NOT! :) ;)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

ROFLMAO WOW such a bargain on those super dooper bolt holder... I suppose you already sold out huh LOL....Darn and I was gonna whip out the card and order a bunch ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have them in either right or left handed versions. Temporarily out of the lefties. Should have one in tomorrow on the morning paper.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

Beautiful squirrel you got there.Oh and I may have to order some of those Hi-Tech bolt holder closers. NOT! :) ;)

You might want to grab the lefty that's coming on tomorrows paper. I just finished working up the pricing on the left handed ones. They're only $99 each and that includes shipping. Unless you bitch about the price, and then you pay the shipping, so be nice. I know you want one.

#6 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

Nice story, Cliff. Do you give a discount on bulk orders?

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

Nice story, Cliff. Do you give a discount on bulk orders?

Actually I do. It's 100% off if you take two or more. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

My Sheridan has done something similar in years past. You're right about the pellet performance when it occurs. But being left handed I'm on the side to see the bolt handle so I probably won't need one of your $99 bolt handle thingamabobs. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

Time waits for no one--

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

My Sheridan has done something similar in years past. You're right about the pellet performance when it occurs. But being left handed I'm on the side to see the bolt handle so I probably won't need one of your $99 bolt handle thingamabobs. :D

Okay fine, but don't get all puddled up when they're all gone. :D :roflmao3[1]:

#10 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm curious.... if I order and install one of your bolt closer thingys, do you know if it will void the manufacturers warrantee from Benjamin? Also do you include a manual for installation of the thingy? :roflmao3[1]:

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

I'm curious.... if I order and install one of your bolt closer thingys, do you know if it will void the manufacturers warrantee from Benjamin? Also do you include a manual for installation of the thingy? :wedgie[1]:

No, one of the nice things about this mod is it doesn't void the warranty. For those among us who are mechanically challenged, it also comes with a 2 hour instructional DVD on how to install. For the lefty's in the crowd, just play backwards. :) :aggressive:

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

For the lefty's in the crowd, just play backwards. :lol: :aggressive:

Hey now! At least I'm in my right mind. :) :) :wedgie[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

Where's the picture of your trail buster Cliff! I want to see that TOYOTA! :smiley_green_with_envy:

Time waits for no one--

#14 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

Where's the picture of your trail buster Cliff! I want to see that TOYOTA! :smiley_green_with_envy:

Here's a couple of pics I took last time I was out. I just put a full set of new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires on her. I could of had another AA 410 for what they cost. :signs1242cn: Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

Here's my Expedition and sometimes hunting vehicle. Not the best picture but better than one taken in my driveway. :pirashoot: If I'm not in the truck it's usually this. Not the best mileage but the 5.4 liter engine gets you there pretty quick. :smiley_kewlpics: Attached File  Expedition__2_.JPG   43.93KB   36 downloads

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users