Photo

Shooting 16 grain JSB's, and 14 grain Defiants in the Disco .22.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

The pellet of choice in my Disco .22 is the JSB 16 grain Exact. How do I know? Because it keeps shooting groups like this with them. Oh yes, and they must be lubed with Napier POWER pellet lube.The group at 12 o'clock is five rounds at thirty yards with JSB's. The group at 6 o'clock is five rounds with the Defiants. They are consistently shooting three into a bug hole with two flyers.I think I am going to listen to her and just give her what she wants. Lubed JSB 16 grain Exacts. Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

Nice group on top Cliff. I just ordered a sleeve of the JSB 16's.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Nice group on top Cliff. I just ordered a sleeve of the JSB 16's.

My .177 shoots just as well. It's interesting to me because you know Crosman isn't spending more than about $10 on the barrels on these guys, yet if find the right pellet, they shoot incredibly well.I still have a couple of sleeves from a year or so ago. They are amazing pellets. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

If they ever completely ban lead I have enough to just pile it in one place and water the ground around it. It will be so heavy it will just sink from sight, problem eliminated. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

Time waits for no one--

#5 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Where are you guys finding the 16 gr. JSB's. When I bought 2000 from Pyramid, the biggest I could find was the 15.8'sIs there a difference bewteen the two? I'm still searching for them.Ron

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

It's how they came out of the dies that struck the pellets. It goes by lot numbers. But now they are 15.8gr. pellets. There were even 15.9gr. pellets around for awhile. You can get 16gr. AA pellets in diablo.

Time waits for no one--

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Where are you guys finding the 16 gr. JSB's. When I bought 2000 from Pyramid, the biggest I could find was the 15.8'sIs there a difference bewteen the two? I'm still searching for them.Ron

Hey Ron, when I say 16 grain JSB's I'm just rounding the number up. I recently weight sorted 1000 JSB Exacts and had some that were 15.7, most were 15.8 or 15.9, and some that were 16 grains. All from the same lot. They just vary a little bit from pellet to pellet. If you are buying JSB Exact Jumbo's, you are getting the pellets we are talking about. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

The AA 16 gr pellets are made by JSB....I just got two tins of JSB 15.8's and AA 16 gr's......you can see the difference between the two pellets(14.3 vs 15.8/16's) in the "body" between the skirt and the head...the JSB/AA's are slightly thicker...Both work very well,i might add....

#9 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

Hey Ron, when I say 16 grain JSB's I'm just rounding the number up. I recently weight sorted 1000 JSB Exacts and had some that were 15.7, most were 15.8 or 15.9, and some that were 16 grains. All from the same lot. They just vary a little bit from pellet to pellet. If you are buying JSB Exact Jumbo's, you are getting the pellets we are talking about. :)

Whew!! Thought I was going to have to spend more money! :aggressive: I have a shroud enroute from MikeT...I buy anything new for a while, I'm gonna have to find an alternate shipping address...I'm thinking the wife isn't going to smiling if packages keep getting left in our porch. :wedgie[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users