9 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

As they say on Shooting USA.. "Shoot often, shoot safely and share your sport" Took the girls out with some Red Riders... Next we are moving to 10/22's and then on up and up.. This maybe a bad thing, where will my escape be if they like it to much??? They had a blast!! ! My daughters shot allot as well. It's hard to get your little girls to understand the whole aiming concept at 3 and 5 year old but they had a blast and dented a few cans! The other girl and her husband had never shot before, he just called me and wants to know how to buy a Sig .45 like mine (he shot it as well).. I told him where to take the class and then we would go shop.. I think I just got another family involved in our sport! :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: Attached File  girlsand_guns.jpg   38.81KB   32 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

That's great the more that try the sport the more that enjoy it. That's the perfect way to get them involved. The girls might just like airguns more.Just make sure to tell the girls to keep their finger off of the trigger when cocking those Red Ryders! They pinch if you pull the trigger. Like a rat rat they'll slam your fingers.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

That's great. And getting them involved at 3 and 5 is a great time. They will grow up with guns that way. Nice going.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

Good job CG! Now you have another Sig junkie like yourself and me!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Thats great :roflmao3[1]: I like seeing girls and women in the sport :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Maybe they will get more of their friends and then more friends.. Man what a snow ball effect :signs1198ol:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#6 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

I don't have any kids but i do love when my girl shoots, bulls eyes or even close gets lots of smiles out of her.

#7 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

I've been trying for years and years to get my wife to go hunting with me.So far no luck. But I think I am pretty close to convincing her. She saidif I get her an 09 Mustang she'll consider it. :WTF_1:
"The genuine sportsman is, by all odds, the mostimportant factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extinction." THEODORE ROOSEVELTNRA Lifetime Member/DU Member

#8 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:20 PM

She saidif I get her an 09 Mustang she'll consider it. :WTF_1:

I'd tell her....... don't wait up for me tommorow. :roflmao3[1]:

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I'm sure there are a number of people on this forum that would go hunting with you for a new Mustang! :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Heck My daughter might even go out hunting if she thought it would get her a mustang LOL... And THAT is saying alot..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users