15 replies to this topic

#1 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

Well after a couple months of research and savings and lobbying with the boss - I'm about to pull the trigger on a Evanix AR6 hunter in .22.Getting the combo package so I don't have to worry about getting a scope later.My question is what pump would you guys recommend. After breaking the bank on the rifle I'm tempted to get the cheapest I can find but I don't want to be stupid either.Thanks all.

#2 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hello.......hello......

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,303 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

Hum...... I don't use a pump myself. I would think the pump made for the Discovery by Benjamin would work it goes up to 3600 psi and is the cheapest. FX makes the Super Stroke Pump but it sells for around $270. I'm sure somebody will jump on here and say something. You have to remember weekends are the worst times to ask questions because everybody is gone.You know that the Evanix AR6 hunter isn't shrouded so it's not going to be backyard friendly?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

yeah - I understand - but what I like about it over the Walther Dominator is the velocity (and the cocking action).Thanks,

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

I've never shot one so I don't know. Most of the forums I read are Rapid's, AA's or FX's in PCP's. It looks like a nice gun, just shoot heavy pellets in it to keep the velocity down below super sonic.

Time waits for no one--

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,303 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

One other thing to think about is the AR6 doesn't have any sort of power adjustment. You may be alright with that but being able to adjust your power means being able to use other pellets. Plus adjustable power means you can shoot say full power for a large animal like a raccoon or adjust down for target shooting in and around the house. My AA410 is no where near as powerful as the AR^ but I can easily dispatch raccoons, skunks, possums as well as any squirrel or rabbit I've come across. Just something else to think about as sometimes people that have never owned a PCP get fixated on just high power. Low power means more shooting with less pumping. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#7 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

Yep good advise there. Dang - this is not easy.

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

Straight Shooters sold me a Benjamin pump to go with my Sumatra. It works well. But, I've only had it a week. The power adjustment, as SJ says, does seem to be a great feature. By turning down the power the Beeman Kodiak pellets went from 'gag me with a spoon' groups to 'that's rat nice' groups. I read the description of the Evanix on the Pyramid web site, it uses the same cylinder magazine as the Eun Jin Sumatra does. Wonder if there is a relationship there?

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#9 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

For my AR6 guns I use a round piece of hard rubber/plastic to adjust just how far the pin gets pushed in by the hammer. All you do is slip in over the pin that the hammer hits. This isn't a perfect way to do it but works pretty good. So if I want to plik around the house I use it. Mine is red in color and came with one of my guns I bought. If someone here could help I'd like to get another and don't know where. I guess I can make one.Bone
If you kill it eat it!

#10 Andrey

Andrey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:surfing, painting, small crafts, tennis, crowling, guns

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

My pump for Benj Disco just died after less then 2 years of light use. Will buy a tank now.P.S buying accessories not only fun by itself, but the way to serve your own needs. So better to buy a naked gun. As for the gun I think Talon SS is the best choice for real life hunting.

#11 Butcher45

Butcher45

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

Go with a HillPump, or be sorry with one of the others (seriously). Rugged, reliable, and re-buildable.

#12 Andrey

Andrey

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:surfing, painting, small crafts, tennis, crowling, guns

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Go with a HillPump, or be sorry with one of the others (seriously). Rugged, reliable, and re-buildable.

i took apart my Benj Disco pump - not difficult at all - then add 2 o-rings from bbstore - and it pump again.

#13 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

I've got the Benjamin hand pump that came with my disco. It works well but pumping is no fun. I got a scuba tank only a few months after getting it and rarely use it now. In retrospect I wish I had not spent the money on the pump and put it into other accessories.

#14 havoc

havoc

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:small game hunting, hiking, mountain biking, amateur radio

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

oops, didn't see this thread was 2 years old

#15 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Don't worry about it, good info is good info.

#16 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

How do you take apart the Benjamin Hand Pump? (while I wait for a used CF 4500 psi tank). The link to the diagram folks refered to no longer works. Thanks!!!

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users