12 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

Here's a sneak preview at the new FX Royale models coming out in 2009. They are side lever in design. I'm a sucker for thumbhole stocks. I really like the way they carry in the field while hunting. The top gun has a built in pump. The gun is rated at doing approx. 30 foot pounds. Pump it 17 times and get 6 shots at 30 foot pounds. The pumping action is supposed to be very easy. Depending on the weight, I like the concept as a hunter. I can see taking a shot or two, pump it 3 to 6 times, and continue on your way. Interesting concept anyway. I also really like the looks of the bottom gun. It's a traditional PCP filled from a 4500psi tank.Haven't heard any pricing yet.Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

Wow! Those are some beauties and they sort of cover everything you would need. I like the pump idea too. I would love to be able to pump the gun just like my old Sheridan. Thanks for sharing this Cliff. Do you know how long before these become available?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

In Talking to Robert at AoA, he said he wasn't sure of a release date. He has 50 guns ordered. They aren't going to all be available at the same time. The first one out will be the one in the middle that takes a bottle. The second one will be the bottom gun called the Royale Whisper, and last will be the one with the built in pump. It's called the Royale Independent. I want one of the Whispers and one of the Independents.Now all we can do is wait and drool. :signtripledogdare2wf:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:54 AM

I was thinking the same thing you are. I want the Whisper and Independent also. I'll probably won't get one right away as I'm sure they are all spoken for. :signtripledogdare2wf:

Time waits for no one--

#5 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

Very nice indeed!
If you kill it eat it!

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

In Talking to Robert at AoA, he said he wasn't sure of a release date. He has 50 guns ordered. They aren't going to all be available at the same time. The first one out will be the one in the middle that takes a bottle. The second one will be the bottom gun called the Royale Whisper, and last will be the one with the built in pump. It's called the Royale Independent. I want one of the Whispers and one of the Independents.Now all we can do is wait and drool. :signtripledogdare2wf:

Do you know if AOA is taking deposits to be first in line? Of course then I'd have to decide on the Whisper or the Independent - I can't afford both...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

I didn't ask him about taking deposits. Since the first one out is going to be the middle one with the bottle, and I'm not particularly interested in that one, I thought I would give them a call in January and see if there was any new info on the Whisper or Independent.

#8 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

There all so nice looking and i prefer regular stock but the thumbhole is real nice also the top gun is amazing but who would complain with anyone of them .Whats the damage per piece if you know i'am sure there worth every dollor

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

They don't have pricing on them yet.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:57 AM

What does one of these weigh?
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

I couldn't find any specs on these as they aren't available yet.

Time waits for no one--

#12 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Rumors since last April pricing $2000 and up - we have to wait and see.. there may be some advantage to the "Pumper" version,as talk is it works like a PCP....sounds like a mix between the old pump type guns and PCP technology....it sounds more efficient in that regard from comments from some in Germany who seen these at an airgun show there...2K is alot of mula.....out of my airgun budget,that is for sure....

#13 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:15 AM

OK, I like the bottom one..but I am keeping that a secret between this site and me.Wonder if my wife would be able to tell if I started selling plasma and started stashing money to buy new guns at my buddys house. he regualarly does that to me, showing up like once a week to hand me a few bucks to hold for him. he then tells his wife that I gave him te gun in exchange for work he does for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users