• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:06 PM

I was on the Cheaper than dirt ammo site a few days ago wanting to purchase another 1000 rounds of .223. They had my prefered ammo-Hornady V-max 55gr at $16.95. After making some room in my ammo safe, I went back to their website today to buy it but it now says the price is $20.95! What gives? I sure hope it's not because Hussein got elected! I ended up getting it from my usual supplier-Cabela's at $16.95 per box if you buy 1000 or more rounds. Regularly priced at $17.95-still less than Cheaper Than Dirts pricing.

#2 saeleaw n

saeleaw n

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

I sure hope so too are I/we need to stock up

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

EVERYTHING Firearm related is and will be going up. Not to mention the lack of supply that has already hit and will get worse. If your credit cards can stand it, pull em out and buy what you think you will want/need for the next 4-8 years. I haven't shot my .223 in months, but I just bought 1000 .224 bullets (to be loaded).

#4 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Spike's Tactical raised the price of their stripped lower by $50. over night. Now you can have one for the unbelievably low price of $180 :good: So ammo's not the only thing going up..

#5 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

My 1000 rds of Federal black box just got dropped off by the brown truck. I paid $385 and if I knew then what I know now... I'd have bought 5000 rds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users