Photo

What I'd give for another tag right now...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

This guy came through @ 8am this morning (haven't changed the times on my cameras yet) along with 4 or 5 does:Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

He's a nice one alright Wes. Get your wife to shoot him.

#3 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

LOL @ Braz...that is a nice looking buck! Can you rope him and let me apply next year with permission to hunt on your property? haha!

#4 PLATINUMTHEATERS

PLATINUMTHEATERS

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

did you remove the feeder? I dont see it in the picture do you keep that thing up and full all year? if so do you change the feed out or just keep corn? just courious I'm about to move back home to South Carolina where my good private hunting land is and I have so many plans for that place feeders, condos, plots, and so on. Any tips on the feeder is appreciated if you move it, change the cycle what ever you have found to work. thanks in advance.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I haven't moved the feeder, I just have two cameras and that one wasn't pointed at the feeder. I'm keeping it up year round. The two things I'm doing different is I cut the run time in half so it's not using as much feed and I also kept bumping the feed time later and later during deer season because I wanted it to feed right around sunrise (or about 15 minutes after legal shooting time). I have been feeding them "Record Rack" apple flavored protein pellets exclusively and they seem to like it but I'd rather have the corn because when it rains hard for a few days the pellets in the bottom of the feeder cone will suck up the water and form a plug to keep any fresh feed from dropping out. I took an 1/8" welding rod and bent it 90* about 3" from the end, after a few days of rain I can take it to the feeder, fish it through the varmint guard, and stick the 3" end up into the cone. Wiggle it around just a bit and the feed starts flowing just like it should. I checked a few feed stores for the corn but haven't been able to find any yet. Chicken scratch & cracked corn are too fine and would probably absorb the water just as bad as the pellets...

#6 PLATINUMTHEATERS

PLATINUMTHEATERS

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

thanks wes thats good info to keep in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users