• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

Purchased Airgun Hunting, The California Ground Squirrel Video. Highly recommend it.... Let my Dad watch the video and he went out and bought an" Beeman Airgun". Since than we been shootin targets and Decoys... Tryin to get my Dad back into Hunting, I think its going to work,,Thanks Varmintair.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

It is a great video! Anything that get hunters involved with airguns is a good thing especially this DVD.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

Purchased Airgun Hunting, The California Ground Squirrel Video. Highly recommend it.... Let my Dad watch the video and he went out and bought an" Beeman Airgun". Since than we been shootin targets and Decoys... Tryin to get my Dad back into Hunting, I think its going to work,,Thanks Varmintair.

You're welcome. Glad that you guys enjoyed it. It's great that you and your Dad can share something as fun as shooting modern adult airguns. Hunting with them is an absolute blast. You guys have fun.

#4 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

That sounds great. I used to hunt with my dad. We had some great times together. Now I hunt with my son. I really enjoy it.

#5 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:36 AM

Watched it for the first time Sunday night - wow what a shoot fest. I can only dream of having access to that many squirrels. I'm seeing fewer and fewer down here in So. Cal. due to the lack of water. Hoping for a wet winter to turn things around this spring. Next time I watch it I'm going to have to have the hand counter with me to count how many squirrels met their end in the making of the video.I'm hoping the next video (if there is one) will go more in depth about the equipment being used. For someone just getting into it, it would be great to show details of the rifles - like showing how easy it is to charge, what scopes you use and setup etc. I really liked the quick explaination of the fill bottle and the use of the pony bottle for carrying in the field - it's little bits of info like that that make the video worth while for a newbee.

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

I actually culled over 1100 video clips down to the ones you see in the video. It took almost two years to pull the whole thing together. I've had guys e-mail me to say they wished I had more kill shots in it and less about the gear, and then others, like yourself, that said they would like more info about the gear. Maybe on the next one I'll add another 10 minutes of kill shots and 10 more minutes about the equipment. That would make for a 90 minute video. I can almost guess what the first e-mail from somebody will be though."Dear Sir, the video was pretty good, but it's just too long, and doesn't have enough kill shots." :roflmao3[1]: :smiley_kewlpics:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

:smiley_kewlpics: :yikes[1]: :roflmao3[1]: You can't please everyone!Too bad you don't live closer Cliff. We could knock out a video of all of your different airguns and really make people drool. :drool: I mean show them all of the different equipment and such. :rolleyes:

#8 Gained

Gained

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

I received & watched the video. Very cool. You present well.I also noted on the Pyramid site a video on the Discovery I hadn't noted before.http://www.californi...hp?showforum=46

#9 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

There is a video on the Arizona Airgun site that is cool about the Discovery .22....another is on Pyramid Airgun site with different results.....and a third on Youtube....a fourth is on Airgun Depot's site....

#10 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

I received & watched the video. Very cool. You present well.I also noted on the Pyramid site a video on the Discovery I hadn't noted before.http://www.californi...hp?showforum=46

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Starting to work on volume two. Editing a bunch of clips from a prairie dog shoot this last July.

#11 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

hurry up!!!!! lol

#12 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

You're not going to want to watch it. It's going to be full of stuff like this.Of course the resolution will be much, much, better.

#13 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Here's my wife - "Those poor little defensless animals!! How can you be so cruel!!"Here's me - "Ha! Did you see that first clip! Pellet blew right through it's head and hit the dirt behind it! Too Cool!!"

#14 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:03 AM

Nice Video Cliff!NO ground squirrels or Prairie dogs with a 20 hours drive time of me.....might have to make a hunting video using the neigbors cats :signs1111cr:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users