5 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

This was a surprise crows are wise to my place but Thursday morning while having coffee i heard a sound we all love CAW CAW CAW CAW in my yard .yes the disco was handy and from about 30 yrd's and 50 ft up i sniped this bad boy all alone in the tree he dropped like a stone.Posted ImageIt didn't make a sound except hitting the ground and others where around today but knot close enough . On Wednesday night it's garbage night and i scored this critter on the edge of the property just in the woods but within the glow of my outside lightPosted ImageThis was a good looking coon dark brown almost black and very clean and shinny My mac1 .22cal disco is amazing . And just today after spending all morning and hitting great groups at 45 yrd's my new AA410 was ready when this tree rat came calling {1st kill} only 25 yrd's away and 10 ft up in the tree but sure as beans knot expecting lead with his lunch of acorn.Posted ImageThis gun is quiet accurate and at half power more than willing to work . I really like this gun i only fill it to 2200 psi and got 40 good shots easy and the disco pump is plenty to fill it

#2 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

Man, you are busy. Nice shooting with both guns. It's great that your pump is able to do double duty. :roflmao3[1]:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,469 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Nice work Chris! You'll be in great shape soon using that pump. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Ohhhhhhhh and you shot that coon in the head :roflmao3[1]:...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

That looks like a lot of fun. I am itching to get my air guns out, but I have not seen many gs in my part of the woods because of the drought.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

I got lucky several weeks ago..got to clean out ground squirrels on friends horse ranch..must have nailed over 30 of them....close range stuff...20-30 yards...Been going out in Cleveland Nat'l Forrest lately.......but getting them takes longer shots....50-70 yards....they are out there and real skittish in some places...so I go out early...hide and wait..then pop them when they come out ....yesterday,while turkey hunting,they were out by 9 AM in 60 F....Driving a week ago thru Mesa Grande,they were on both sides of the road running all over the place...my friend who lives up there says there are plenty to shoot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users