5 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

I posted about this over in the AR forum but I thought I would check here as well- in case some of you don't frequent that area. I am looking for 1000+ rounds of 223/5.56 ammo. I want it for plinking and zombie protection. I won't use it for hunting since I am in the no-lead zone. Should I go for FMJ?What should I look for? I'll be shooting it through my Stag. (chrome lined- 1/9 twist) I saw this site, has some great deals:http://ammoman.com/index.htmTheir stuff ranges from $259 per 1000 (shipped!) all the way up. I would like to save the brass so when I start reloading next year I will have some. I don't want to buy junk but I also don't want to spend more than is needed. (I'd rather buy more ammo!) Of course there is always Cabelas (looks like about $400 or so for 55 gr FMJ- shipped) http://www.cabelas.c...rentId=cat20712Let me know what you guys think... I am all ears!

#2 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

try Georgia Arms and Ammo Villa Rica GA. their 55 soft point bulk ammo is 23g H322 and is very accurate. they also have a cheaper 55 fmj . Atlanta Arms and Ammo has a low price 55 fmj and a 77g match , accurate . they are in Social Circle GA.

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Hey elvis, I just e-mailed one of the ammo distributors that comes to our Gun show. Just trying to find out what there best price is on 1000-4000 rds. I doubt I will be buying, but if there price is right, I know they have done orders in the past. This way, you save on the shipping costs by picking up at the show. :roflmao3[1]: The next show is Nov 22.I'll let you know what they say.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

All gun shows in America will be closed by then if you know who gets elected.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

He will be on the attack, but He wouldn't get sworn in until Jan. :roflmao3[1]: I think that even though supply and demand will be a PITA, we will still have a few months before the new laws start getting proposed.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

I saw that show at the end of the month. I was a little worried about supply and demand is "that one" gets elected. I heard they have great deals. Let me know what you find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users