No replies to this topic

#1 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

I finally got around to checking the pull weight on my Mac1 .22 Discovery this evening.I found the trigger pull to be exactly 2 lb. 12 oz. I know the factory trigger is reputed to be around 4 lbs.Another Disco owner told me he bent his sear spring a little and moly coated the contact points and got his trigger down to about 1 lb...so I decided I would try it.I disassembled the rifle, and removed the trigger housing plate and found the trigger assm is pretty simple in design. I bent the sear spring approximately 1/8 inch and reassembled. The trigger felt better but the safety, which is tension controlled by the sear spring was floping loosely back and forth.I removed and bent the sear spring back about half way to the original shape and replaced the trigger spring with one identical in size but had a little less tension. I ended up clipping a coil off the trigger spring and reassembling after bending the sear spring approx 1/16 inch and using shorter trigger spring.The safety now functioned properly and the gun passed the bang test and loading test with no slam fires or problems.The trigger pull now is at 1 lb. 12 oz. and feels much better.Sometime I will play with cutting another coil or two off the trigger spring and see if I can get it down another few ounces but, it feels pretty good to me right now.I did email somebody called "Big Ed" about a modified sear but haven't heard a response yet...if anyone else knows of any tricks as far as the triggers please let me know.Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users