• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

I just bought a RRA lower kit that included a two-stage match trigger. The kit is more than twice the price of the standard kit. Has anyone had experience with this trigger? I hope I don't end up having to buy another Timney after paying the price for a RRA "match trigger".Woo

#2 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

I have heard good things about them but I bet you'll get a timney! (you always do!) I still have that timney for the howa sitting on top of the gun safe. I should get off my butt and put it in, that stock Howa trigger is a mess. Throw that thing together and let us know!

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

I've got the Stage 2 setup in the varminter AR that I've yet to build. I've heard great things about the trigger group.

#4 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

I just bought a RRA lower kit that included a two-stage match trigger. The kit is more than twice the price of the standard kit. Has anyone had experience with this trigger? I hope I don't end up having to buy another Timney after paying the price for a RRA "match trigger".Woo

hey woodog if you don't mind me asking, where and how much did do get that kit for. i made up my mind and im also buying the same set up that you just bought. ive been searching around the internet and the cheapest i found it for was 175.00 plus shipping.i wanted to get the timney drop-in trigger but it would make the rifle expensive.

#5 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Ten Percent Firearms and I paid a lot more than $175. If the trigger is any good $175 would be a bargain. If the trigger is dog poop, as I fear, you might as well buy the cheap kit and add a Timney. Expensive isn't bad if you want a good shooting rifle. I'll let you know when I pick up the lower an install the trigger after Friday. ARs are way over priced and will probably be higher after the election. You can easily have over $1,500 invested in an AR after you consider all of the "gotta have" options available. You could have a more accurate bolt rifle for less than half the cost. So why do I have, or will have, three ARs? Damned if I know. Because they are there? :rolleyes: Woo

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Got a 2-stage trigger on my RRA varmint rifle, it's a nice set up. I can't complain about it, nice and smooth. But I'm sure the Timney is better, it should I believe it cost between $190.00 - $250.00.http://www.midwayusa...rdsReturned2=20

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

I think Du is talking about the Timney for $175 +S/H. That is about the best price out there. Personally, If I am going to spend an extra $90 or more for the 2-stage trigger, I would just opt for the Timney. Hey, Woo, let me know when you end up not liking that 2-stage and order your Timney. Maybe I will take the 2-stage off your hands. ;)I know why you now have 3 black rifles (well 2 plus a tan one). It's an addiction. Plus, I'm sure you HATE people telling you that you CAN'T do something. That will be the case in the near future. ;( Your just ahead of your time, a forward thinker. :rolleyes:

#8 Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:Family, hunting, fishing, motorcycles, reloading.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

I've got an RRA two stage trigger in the AR I just built and I like the it. $180.00+tax for the LPK with the trigger. Ed

#9 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

That's what I wanted to hear. I just pulled out the receipts to see what I paid at Ten Percent Firearms. The standard RRA LPK was $70 and the two-stage kit was $167.83 which after tax is a difference of $104.92. The bullet button and funnel were another $35.00 all of which are going into a Stag lower.I also bought a S&W MP-1 assembled lower, including butt stock, and have a Timney trigger on the way from Carey Custom Rifles for $190. The stock trigger is really bad. If you buy an upper from Dan he charges $175 for the Timney.Woo

#10 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

I have the RRA two stage NM trigger on my build. The trigger is nice, definately not a Jewell trigger but not bad. I had mine poished, which will prob reduce the life of it but, it feels much better.One warning though, I replaced the small spring to one with a little bit less tension...bad idea.I loaded five rounds, got down behind the rifle on a caldwell BR rest, gently squeezed, and the rifle went full auto and got 3 rounds off before I coulod get my finger off the trigger. I tried twice more and same thing happened...the original spring went right back in.

#11 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

Well, at least you know what to do if you ever need a full auto. :signs1111cr: Woo

#12 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:24 AM

LOL I can't afford full auto anything!I think with a standard m4 barrel it would have been fun to play with for a but I have a 24 inch 1/12 twist RRA varmint barrel....I doubt they had full auto in mind when they produced it. My luck would be 3 bullets lined up in a row ..stuck in the middle of the barrel.Ron

#13 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

Is this the one you are talking about? http://haffysoutdoor...;products_id=62RRA AR15 National Match Trigger, 2 Stage$105.00Rock River Arms AR15 National Match 2 stage trigger made by Rock River Arms. Fits standard AR15 with small diameter pins. Free Shipping.

#14 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

I think Du is talking about the Timney for $175 +S/H. That is about the best price out there. Personally, If I am going to spend an extra $90 or more for the 2-stage trigger, I would just opt for the Timney. Hey, Woo, let me know when you end up not liking that 2-stage and order your Timney. Maybe I will take the 2-stage off your hands. ;)I know why you now have 3 black rifles (well 2 plus a tan one). It's an addiction. Plus, I'm sure you HATE people telling you that you CAN'T do something. That will be the case in the near future. ;( Your just ahead of your time, a forward thinker. :signs165xk:

actually i was talking about the Rock river 2stage lower kit for only 175

#15 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

That's what I wanted to hear. I just pulled out the receipts to see what I paid at Ten Percent Firearms. The standard RRA LPK was $70 and the two-stage kit was $167.83 which after tax is a difference of $104.92. The bullet button and funnel were another $35.00 all of which are going into a Stag lower.I also bought a S&W MP-1 assembled lower, including butt stock, and have a Timney trigger on the way from Carey Custom Rifles for $190. The stock trigger is really bad. If you buy an upper from Dan he charges $175 for the Timney.Woo

hey woodog you buy the lower kit for 70 dollar PLUS 167.00 for the 2stage trigger??? is that what you mean? for a total of 237.00 OR did you guy the complete drop-in 2stage trigger?

#16 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

hey guys you should have bought the trigger over at Lan World Inc. i just bought it from them today. the rock river lower kit with 2stage trigger was only 140.00 plus shippingthey also sell the complete drop-in 2stage rock river trigger for only 90.00someone (can't remember who though) on this website told me about Lan world inc and they have good prices, thanks (whoever it was)

#17 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

hey woodog you buy the lower kit for 70 dollar PLUS 167.00 for the 2stage trigger??? is that what you mean? for a total of 237.00 OR did you guy the complete drop-in 2stage trigger?

Lower kit with the two stage trigger.

#18 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

hey guys you should have bought the trigger over at Lan World Inc. i just bought it from them today. the rock river lower kit with 2stage trigger was only 140.00 plus shippingthey also sell the complete drop-in 2stage rock river trigger for only 90.00someone (can't remember who though) on this website told me about Lan world inc and they have good prices, thanks (whoever it was)

You're Welcome du9207! I got my Super Varminter in .223 chambering from them but I replaced the RRA stage 2 trigger with a Timney Stage 1 National Match trigger. Much better trigger IMHO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users