• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

Tim over at Mac 1 showed this great idea for a pellet holder that can be opened and closed with one hand. It comes in pretty handy when out hunting. It basically is an empty pellet tin with a #51 Butler Creek objective flip cap on it, trimmed to fit. I took it a step further and glued some thin neoprene on the inside. This quiets the sound of the pellets rattling around the inside and somewhat protects them from becoming mis-shapped. I have made one for each of my 8 pellet guns. Attached File  001__2_.jpg   26.82KB   36 downloadsAttached File  002__2_.jpg   32.85KB   40 downloadsAttached File  102__2_.jpg   71.34KB   39 downloadsAttached File  104__2_.jpg   70.92KB   36 downloads

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

Neat idea!
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

Super idea Mike! Nice fit and finish too. :signbummer8tl:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

That is just too cool. I'm gonna have to make one of those. Thanks for the tip.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 Steve C

Steve C

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, family, church, bass guitar

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

VERY cool.

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:15 AM

That is a great idea...!!!..Ive tried a few different things for hunting...Altoid tins/foam and latest is the Crosman "belt" pouch....but wearing pouch on your belt deforms some pellet skirts,so now I wear it around my neck and that solved the problem..(using sunglass neck strap)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

On my single shot airguns I use a piece of foam velcroed to the top of my scope with single pellets poked into it like the Styrofoam above. It makes for fast pellet retrieval for follow up shots if necessary.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Now that's a good idea too. I got a butler creek flip up on the way and I'll make up some of the foam/velcro holders. The two of them will be very handy.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#9 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:48 AM

This is the pellet holder that I use, and all of my air gun shooting friends use also. It will hold hundreds of pellets, since I am right handed I heep the pouch on my right side. Pull the velcro top open and pull the pouch down to hang from your belt. Leave the pouch open and as you need pellets grab 1,2,3,4,5,etc. It is the best pellet holder that I have found so far. I dump a few hundred into the pouch and am off. The only draw back is when I forget to close the top when I get into my truck, some will spill out. This pouch is fast, simple, and pellets are not rattling to spook game. When done shooting, I reclose the velcro top and put the pouch in the gun case. Each air gun has its own gun case. I never leave the house without the correct pellets.http://straightshoot...elletpouch.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users