#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Hunting gear...Posted ImageDay pack/seat cushion/glovesHead lampSnake bite kitFlashlightRange cardDiscovery PCP .22 calTurkey,rabbit,squirrel callsWind meterRangefinderPellet pouchBinocularsGround blind..

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

What pellets are you using? I tried some Beeman Crow-Magnum .22 Cal, 18.20gr. pellets yesterday and they shot as well as my JSB's at 30 yards. I may have to try more of my horde of pellets and see what else the Discovery likes to eat!

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

What pellets are you using? I tried some Beeman Crow-Magnum .22 Cal, 18.20gr. pellets yesterday and they shot as well as my JSB's at 30 yards. I may have to try more of my horde of pellets and see what else the Discovery likes to eat!

I have been using JSB Express 14.3 gr...but have some JSB Exacts 15.9 and AA 16 gr coming to get an edge on our mid-morning prevailing winds....5-8 mph...those will tighten up groups at 40 yards...and if I'm lucky on the turkey hunt, hopefully I can take one closer...

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

You look like you are good to go. Nice set of gear. I hope you have success. I've taken bunches of quail with my airguns, but never a turkey. If you get one, both you and John will be members of the CPCF "Turkey Club", and I mean that in a good way. :rolleyes:

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

It will be a tough shot...but practicing on squirrels has really helped...needed to focus on small targets as must hit the turkey in the neck....have decided to take shot from prone position.. ..sitting shooting from the tripod would be 2nd choice.I was debating getting an inflatable hen decoy...but not sure I want to do that....almost like cheating...LOL....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users