7 replies to this topic

#1 PLATINUMTHEATERS

PLATINUMTHEATERS

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

I went hunting on some private property owned by my family in Georgia last week. I was hunting over deer cane and a mineral lick. The hole you see was not there when we put the camera out. They must have dug down a foot deep eating the dirt. Most pictures were taken at night and could not be seen due to the flash being turned off. We thought this way they wouldnt be spooked but as you can see a few were spooked by the shutter. In three weeks we had 1005 pictures. enjoy Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagesorry no more pics will fit on here. these were the best though. 2 does were taken. With all the salt they were eating the meat shouldnt need any lol

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

Dang judging by the time on those shots you could sleep in and still get your deer LOL....
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

Have the deer dig a hole for you, then fill it with water & use it for duck season! Great thinking!!! :aggressive: :signbummer8tl: It looks like you are using the Moultrie GameWatcher like everyone else and I really don't think shutter noise is an issue. Turn the camera on, wave your hand in front of it, and I'd be willing to bet you can't hear the shutter even in a very quiet setting. The 2 Moultries that I use are silent (even when the flash goes off). And don't be afraid to use the flash, the deer quickly get used to it. I had a little pre-daylight encounter with a small buck while I was hiking into my blind last week. I came hiking in with my little headlight/flashlight thing and the camera started going off. His eyes were glowing from my headlight and I could see he was a little spike every time the camera flashed. We stood there for a minute or two looking at each other at about 25 yards before he finally walked off. Guess he thought my headlight was a camera with a really long flash...
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

Yea, my camera's flash just doesn't bother them at all, In fact, I have a motion sensor light in my front and side lights at the cabin, and when the deer come into the yard, the light goes on. They just ignor it. Same for the bear, bobcat and fox that I have seen in the yard. I wouldn't worry about the flash bothering them at all. Nice pictures by the way. Thanks.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 PLATINUMTHEATERS

PLATINUMTHEATERS

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

Ill try to leave it on for a while and see what happens. not sure why they were spoked off

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

Probably something else spooked them. Here's a few pics I pulled off my cam today, you can see they really don't care about the cameras and there's literally almost no shutter noise to spook them even at close range...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#7 PLATINUMTHEATERS

PLATINUMTHEATERS

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

Great pictures! Looks like momma winged them already. I guess the biggest thing is to leave it out there for a long time and let them get used to it. I don't think a flash or the sound of a shutter will keep them away from free food for long. Those were some nice bucks you had there the other day fighting. I look forward to seeing a success picture soon.

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

Those were some nice bucks you had there the other day fighting. I look forward to seeing a success picture soon.

Check here: http://www.californi...d...t=0&start=0One other thing, keep in mind the effective distance of the flash. They claim 45 feet but it's more like 30 feet. Is there any way you could move your camera so that it's pointing north and closer to your mineral lick? If it's pointing north you will avoid the glare from the sun no matter what time of the day it is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users