5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

I'm looking for a cheap one, no preference on blue over stainless or vice versa. Taurus, S&W, whatever. As long as it shoots, is a 2" barrel and isn't rusted, I'm willing to consider it. If anyone comes across one, please post it up.

#2 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Take a look at the Taurus's. Bought my wife one brand new in .38 special and it was considerably cheap. Something like $250, IIRC.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

I've got a 605 stainless that I LOVE, but I want another one. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

The 605's are very nice but the .357 was too much for the wife. Even though we could shoot the .38sp through the .357, it wasn't worth the price difference to her (it is her gun afterall :)) so she ended up with a model 85. Now she has her eye on a new stainless Judge (#4510TKR-3SS). I told her we could sell her 85 and get the Judge since she didn't need 2 revolvers but for some reason she wants BOTH of them. I don't know whether to be proud or concerned! :signs1111cr: I owned a PT99 for a number of years that was also a sweet shooting gun. I really like the Taurus's, don't know why they aren't more popular...

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

At least the Judge isn't on your state's BANNED list.I've been shooting .38 +P+'s through mine as a self defense round. That's fun.

#6 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:09 AM

Get your local dealer to call Interstate Arms, Phil Bouchard, they get Canadien police trade ins, S&W, etc, if there are still any to be had, deals !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users