8 replies to this topic

#1 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

I shot a few squirrels this morning. A few meaning nine. Most were between 30 and 40 yards. The longest one was 63 yards. The Discovery sure isn't like my powder burners but it is a hoot to shoot and makes for dead squirrels although some head shots flop around and get back in the holes.It is not hard to pump to full volumne but I don't think it will get 30-35 shots per charge. I may be wrong as I haven't shot it enough to really evaluate it.Attached File  1.jpg   35.46KB   15 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   41.08KB   16 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Nice shooting Rod. It does the number on the squirrel and it is sure cheap to shoot. As long as you are killing them the land owner must be happy. But it isn't quite the same as shooting a powder burner. That gun stock must be really short for you if mine feels small for me. I'm thinking of just getting a slip on rubber recoil pad as it makes it about an inch longer.

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Nice going. You guys keep talking about those things and they sure are interesting. But I just don't have anyplace to shoot them. If I go out in the country where I can shoot the rats, I just use the 22. Or I will be using my new 22 mag.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

But until you shoot an adult air rifle it's like being transported back in time to being a kid. There's just something special about shooting something with just the air you breath. Plus as the lead ban was imposed on many of our members it's another way to be able to shoot. Pellet guns aren't affect by the ban. Plus in some situations a land owner would be more apt to give permission to shoot to an airgunner than someone shooting a standard rifle.

#5 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

John hit it right on the money, it's like being 12 years old again. :)I actually slipped a disc in my back last year, jumping from a barn loft while killing pigeons for a farmer. My doc is an old buddy and gave me the "Your 40 years old now, not 15...quit acting like it" speech.Good Times!

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

Good shooting :lol:

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:11 AM

Good shooting, Rod. After all that disco dancing those squeeks look plumb tuckered out. :lol:

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:54 AM

Great shooting Rod...and one at 63 yards !! Now you are reachin out there....I finally found a butt pad that matches up pretty good on the Disco stock...(need to drill two holes)...$12 ...good enough for this huntin gun...Posted ImageIt adds 1" to your stock....Archer Airguns...made for the QB 78'shttp://www.archerair...-p/aabutext.htmRich

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

It just doesn't get any better than that. Nice shooting on the furballs. Head shot ground squirrels, doing the "funky chicken", are always a welcome sight in my book. :lol: Bang flops are always cool, but a bit of high energy "break dancing" can be morally and spiritually uplifting too. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users