24 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

I'm heading out tomorrow to get set up at the Gun Show in Mesa Arizona. I'm going to have two eight foot tables. One is going to be full of powder burner stuff that I am getting rid of. The other table is going to have a Beeman R9, a Beeman HW97 blue laminate, a Crosman Discovery, a Carbon Fiber tank, and an FX Whisper on display to talk about. I will also have a 20 inch flat screen TV, with built in DVD player, running a 5 minute looped trailer of my video "Airgun Hunting the California Ground Squirrel", and of course I will have the DVD's there for sale also.I'm hoping guys will stop and look at the airguns, and maybe even pick them up and ask some questions about them. The video trailer will give them a quick look at the power, accuracy, and effectiveness of these guns when used for small game hunting or pest control. I know that this will be the first time a lot of these guys have ever seen modern adult airguns. I think it should be a lot of fun. I'll let you know how it goes.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

It sounds like you're going to be having a good time. Good luck on the sale of the powder burner stuff and also on the sales of the DVD.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

Good luck Cliff. I hope you have a productive weekend and sell lots of videos!I don't want you to sell anymore powder burners as you're way ahead of me in airguns already. :signs1180lq: :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

We have a large gunshow in Dayton,Ohio monthly...no airguns at all...I wish you would set up here...when I mention pcp airgun here..folks ask if its a new drug :signs1180lq:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

:signs1180lq: I've heard the same thing. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

It sounds like you're going to be having a good time. Good luck on the sale of the powder burner stuff and also on the sales of the DVD.

It'll be fun for sure. Don't know how much interest there will be in the airgun stuff, so I'm bringing lots of powder burner goodies to help cover the cost of doing the show. An gun show in Arizona is like stepping back into the sixties in California. Cash and carry for pretty much everything. Private party sales are A-OK. I feel like I just jumped the Berlin Wall and came down in the "Land of the Free". :lol:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

We have a large gunshow in Dayton,Ohio monthly...no airguns at all...I wish you would set up here...when I mention pcp airgun here..folks ask if its a new drug :lol:

I've got so much powder burner stuff to get rid of that I can do a years worth of shows and probably still have things left over. I figure as long as I'm doing the shows, it's a good opportunity to showcase and educate folks about what's going on the world of "modern adult airguns" I figure the more the merrier.

#8 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Good luck Cliff. I hope you have a productive weekend and sell lots of videos!I don't want you to sell anymore powder burners as you're way ahead of me in airguns already. :lol: :lol:

Not to worry, no guns going this time. I think I'm in pretty good shape until FX brings out their new line of side levers, then it's Katie bar the door. There are two models coming that I might like to add to the collection. We'll see. :rolleyes:

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

Well, I had a blast at the show. The 5 minute trailer of my Varmint Hunting DVD was a huge hit. Sold a bunch of DVD's to guys that had no idea the these airguns are even available. They were amazed at the FX Whisper and the carbon fiber tank. It was a lot of fun talking to these guys about "modern adult airguns". I sent a bunch of people to Airguns of Arizona. Their store is just down the road from Mesa in Gilbert Arizona.I also was able to sell off a couple grand worth of powder burner stuff. Bullet moulds, dies, lubrisizers, front rests, a short ton of factory ammo, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was a very successful show on several levels. I signed up for the next one which is in Phoenix in early December. Now, FX needs to get their new side lever guns out, because I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket, and my inner 12 year old wants to spend it sooner rather than later. :lol: :rolleyes:

#10 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

VA....Be sure to post date for the Phoenix show...I think I can make that one....Rich

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Rich, the show is from the 5th through the 7th of December, with the 5th being Dealer setup day. It's at the Arizona State Fairgrounds. Take I-17 to the McDowell Road exit and head East to the fairgrounds at 19th ave. Follow the signs. Maybe see you there. I'll have a couple of tables.

#12 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks..I'll try and be there...never been to a airgun show.....that will be cool meeting you and looking at all the eye candy....LOL....Rich

#13 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

Let me clarify. This is not an "airgun show". It is a regular firearm gun show that I will be at with my video and a couple of airguns for show and tell. I may be the only one there with anything to do with airguns. I was at the show in Mesa. Don't make the trek thinking you are coming to an airgun show. I'm not aware of any airgun only shows in the West. They all seem to be back East. Didn't mean to mislead you into thinking the show was airguns only.

#14 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

No problem...our gun shows here are a joke..I'd rather go to a Arizona show and I can swing by Arizona Airguns and window shop.....lol...

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Good luck at your show this weekend Cliff. I hope you sell a ton of videos. That video is really getting everyone's interest going in airguns. All I've heard are extremely positive reviews and it is by far one of my favorite DVD's to watch, just ask my wife! :signs1242cn:

Time waits for no one--

#16 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

Good luck at your show this weekend Cliff. I hope you sell a ton of videos. That video is really getting everyone's interest going in airguns. All I've heard are extremely positive reviews and it is by far one of my favorite DVD's to watch, just ask my wife! :flag:

I should probably change the name of the thread now to "Gun Show last weekend", because it was last weekend. Hey John, glad you like the vid. I was contacted by Jock Elliot, who has been writing about airguns for quite some time, about a telephone interview to gather info for an article he'll be doing for "The Varmint Hunter Magazine", about long range hunting with airguns. He had seen a video clip of a shot I had made on a prairie dog at 85 yards, and thought I might have some info he could use in his article.I sent him a video for review and he loved it. He called and we talked for the better part of an hour. Super nice guy, and very knowledgeable about airguns, and airgun hunting. He writes the blog on the Airguns of Arizona site. He has some fun and interesting stuff on there, check it out sometime.Speaking of Airguns of Arizona. I spoke with them today, and they are going to be selling the video in their retail store as well as through their online store. I'm really excited about that. I'm heading down to Gilbert on Monday to meet with everyone and get the ball rolling. Now if I can just get out of there without buying a new gun, I'll be doing good. :lol:Also, Air Venture in Bellflower Ca. is now carrying the video in his store. Not a big store, but Bob has some really nice guns in there. Anybody that lives in the South Bay, or Orange County area should stop by. He's been there for 26 years, and is all airguns all the time. :yahoo: So far I've only received two complaints about the video. I got an e-mail from one person that thought there were too many kill shots in it. About three days later, I got another e-mail from someone who let me know that he thought it could use more kill shots. Over 265 were too many for one guy, and not enough for the other. Oh well, you can't please everyone. :signs1242cn:

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Cliff, I'll change the the title of the post to last weekend.That's all great news except for the two guys at the end. First of all how can you have to many kill shots! The other guy how many kill shots would he want? I've read Jock's stuff before and that should be a boost to your sales too.I sure wish we had some airgun stores somewhere in Northern California. I really like the video and a couple of friends have seen some of it but I won't let them barrow it. I tell them to buy their own copy my stays in the DVD player! :signs1242cn: :yahoo:

Time waits for no one--

#18 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

At the time I was putting the video together I was thinking, " okay, 265+ kill shots, 85% of which are also shown in slow motion, that's almost 500 visual images of ground squirrels dropping one after the other in just over 70 minutes, at ranges from 30 yards to over 90 yards. If that doesn't satiate someone's appetite for ground squirrel kills, they might want to seek out some help". :lol: Little did I know. :roflmao3[1]:

#19 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Airguns, Inventing and Fishing

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

I'm going to the Phoenix Gun show this weekend (12-5). Doing it Friday because I hear it's a mad house the weekend. Hope to see some airguns. If not I will have to look at the firearms. Damn! LOLBONE
If you kill it eat it!

#20 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

I will be there with a couple of tables along one of the walls. Among other things, I'll have a small flat screen TV running a trailer of my DVD, stop by and say hello.

#21 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Looked for ya but there was just to much to see. I didn't see any airguns but one and it was junk with a price tag that was more then new. I liked looking around but most people I talked to really didn't like the deals. The show seemed to do more screwing people then giving them a good price. Sure wish I would of seen ya, maybe next time.Hope you did well.Bone
If you kill it eat it!

#22 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

Looked for ya but there was just to much to see. I didn't see any airguns but one and it was junk with a price tag that was more then new. I liked looking around but most people I talked to really didn't like the deals. The show seemed to do more screwing people then giving them a good price. Sure wish I would of seen ya, maybe next time.Hope you did well.Bone

It was a bit of a zoo. Especially Saturday. I was in the white building next to the lime green one. I did great. I was dumping a bunch of stuff left over from when I closed my store. It's amazing how much you can move at 50 to 75% off. Did about four grand over the three days. Guys selling guns were really crying the blues. If you were selling ammo, can you say "Wholesale Ammo", you did great. There was a huge run on ammunition.I had a trailer of my video running non-stop, and sold a couple dozen videos. It was a lot of fun educating folks about PCP's. I had my RWS/FX Rapier on display to talk about, and passed out a ton of business cards for Airguns of Arizona. All in all, for me, it was a really good show. While I was in town, I ran by AoA and picked up a couple more sleeves of the 18 grain JSB Heavies. Managed to get out of there once again without buying a gun.Sorry I didn't see you.

#23 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:12 PM

Yeah I seen loads of ammo going out to the cars. I think most people are getting ready to hold on to ammo just in case the laws change. I went on Friday to avoid the crowd but no dice it was still very busy. Good job on the sells and I want to get one of your videos as well but have to wait to the first of the year. Christmas just killed me being that I had to buy myself a couple new airguns! :signs1180lq: BONE
If you kill it eat it!

#24 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,328 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

Had to buy a couple of airguns! Yea that's what happened. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#25 Bone

Bone

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

Had to buy a couple of airguns! Yea that's what happened. :751:

I just had to! I really needed them. I, err........ needed them like a whole in the head. :751: :eck05:
If you kill it eat it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users