13 replies to this topic

#1 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

MY Discovery came today. I am very pleased with the rifle and the work Tim from mac1 did on it.Fit and finish felt fine. The stock will get refinished this winter but, the blueing was pretty good.I took ShooterJohn's suggestion and used a piece of weedeater line to pull some patches through and clean the bore, The tank was at full fill when I opened the box so I didn't have to mess with the Kvalve adapter right away.The new Centerpoint high rings worked perfectly. The scope I bought is not working out so,I mounted my old trusted Simmons Gold Medal 3x12x40mm to get me through until the scope issue gets resolved.I didn't get to pics of the rifle until this morning while warming my truck up.., I was too busy filling and shooting from 5pm till 9pm but I did takea few pics of first groups.The first pic was using JSB Exacts 15.8's at 10 yds, the second was using the Discovery pellets (look just like Crosman Premiers), at same yardage. Filling the gun using the scuba tank was painless as it was my first time using or even holding a pcp rifle.So far, I love it!Ron

Attached Files

#2 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:00 AM

more pics

Attached Files

#3 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

Ron welcome to the Disco club. :pot:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

It looks good Ron! Not bad groups either and I'm sure they will shrink as you get accustomed to the gun. :yikes[1]:

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

Yesterday was out with my friend again and he brought his Anshultz .22 rimfire...I lasered a rock at 103 yards that had a small mound of dirt at the base...I asked him to hit the dirt mound and I would try to hit same spot with my Disco .22...I aimed where his round hit holding 4 mil dots and hit the same spot.....he is now thouroughly convinced to get an air rifle...lol..I was on a 2000 psi fill using JSB Jumbo express 14.3 gr...forgot my targets,so still have not tried groups at 70 yards yet...but we did get some squirrels...Posted ImagePosted ImageHe anchored this one at 70 yards....only his head/shoulder were visible..Posted Image

#6 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

I do need way more trigger time as I am not used to a heavier trigger.Where is everyone buying their JSb's at?I bought 2 tins from Airgun depot at 10.55 a tin plus 9.00 and some change for shipping.....thats 30 bucks for 500 pellets...there has to be a cheaper source out there somewhere

#7 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Nice shooting!I haven't shot anything distance yet...I will try to shoot today at 20 to 50 yds or so.

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Have fun with it Ron...I'm sure you will enjoy shooting with it...I can't keep my hands off mine...lol...I'm having to start practicing at longer ranges just to get shots on squirrels/jacks here...but the Disco can hack it easily I'm learning...can't wait till I nail a squirrel out to 60-70 yards...got one recently at 53 yards...new record for me...

#9 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

a few pics. groups got better today. 5 round groupI bought a new scope too...a Centerpoint 4-16x 40mm illuminated mil dot.

Attached Files

#10 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

a couple more

Attached Files

#11 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

I do need way more trigger time as I am not used to a heavier trigger.Where is everyone buying their JSb's at?I bought 2 tins from Airgun depot at 10.55 a tin plus 9.00 and some change for shipping.....thats 30 bucks for 500 pellets...there has to be a cheaper source out there somewhere

I get mine at Pyramid Air...buy 4 tins...4th is free....http://www.pyramydai...md_pellets=show

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

That's where I got my last shipment of pellets from also. I like the idea of the free forth tin. That's a great sale maker, plus they were one of a very few that even had the JSB pellets I wanted do to the shortage.

#13 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

I wen't out to a friends woods to hunt this morning. I didn't see any squirrels because his girlfriend was raoring around the woods on my 4 wheeler but I did get to shoot a few Starlings at about 40 yds are so...At least they looked like Starlings :doh[1]: I also set up the table and shot at 50 yds, just to see how it would group. The target I used was one of the Airhog freebies...The dots are about the size of a quarter and I was shooting with light cross wind. I was holding half a mildot over from my 35 yd zero.Tim from Mac1 said the Disco would hold quarter size groups at 50 yds..he wasn't wrong.

Attached Files

#14 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 AM

Ron...what pellets did you use...?? I found JSB Jumbo Express 14.3 gr worked very well over Benjamin pellets....This was 20 yards...9 shot group(over chrony)..I jerked last shot...Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users