8 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

I have this air bottle left over from my old paintball days .. Can I use this for a source of air on a Discovery? To charge the gun? If so what adapters or gear do you need? Attached File  airbot1.jpg   37.15KB   38 downloads Attached File  airbot2.jpg   42.02KB   34 downloadsAttached File  airbot3.jpg   33KB   35 downloads

#2 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

What is the psi rating?

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Ah ha! I knew I would forget a Monday detail. It's rated @ 4500 PSI Thank you!

#4 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Contact an airgun dealer like Steve at Pomona Air and ask him of you don`t get an answer on the board. The tank has the psa to charge the gun. Thats all that I have to offer.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,330 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

Some do some don't. Some of those tanks charge to 4500 psi but only release to 800 psi. Pomona would be a good place to start. But I've seen tanks similar to those that do work. They would be able to set you up with fittings if the tank will work.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 RonB

RonB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:07 AM

In my frantic search for an air supply, I last week found a 88 cu inch, 5000 psi tank for $150.00.I contacted the manufacturer and was told the regulator on paintball tanks is 800 to 900 psi, meaning the tank will not fill past that level. The rep stated they do not make or sell a regulator to go to the 2000 psi needed for the Disco.Crosman so far, has the exclusive on 2000 psi regulators. I'm sure they are not making them in house but they are not comong off of where they get them either.I'm just hopiong before spring gets here and I need a portable bottle, someone will be competitive.I also contacted Air Hog and was told they are not selling the Pygmee bottle right now either. They do make their valves in house and do not have any machined yet.Ron

#7 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

Thank you all. I will do some research and see what we can do with it. Plus, I'm still waiting for SJ's review on his Discovery before I get one.

#8 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

Crosman so far, has the exclusive on 2000 psi regulators. I'm sure they are not making them in house but they are not coming off of where they get them either.

I'm not into air-guns myself. Air Products builds some high pressure regulators, not sure if their products are what you are looking for.Cylinder Regulators

#9 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

ghost, whatever tank or gun combo you use will need and adapter to the scuba tank/valve. I went to a dive shop and had a talk with the owner. Told the owner what I was going to do with the tank (charge an airgun). Went home got the gun to show the shop owner. Left the store with a tank, and an agreement for the first three fillups FREE! A friend bought an identical tank a day later. We both shoot Career 707s in .22, the guns came with the adapter for filling the gun from the tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users