4 replies to this topic

#1 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:02 AM

Fried mushroomsWell I do not know how many people eat mushrooms, I happen to like them and even started going out in the spring and picking wild morel mushrooms as a hobby if I can find them. I really enjoy eating them after the find. I added a link for people that do not know what they look like.http://morelsandmore.com/ http://www.fotosearc...o-mushroom.html I also happen to live about 30 miles from some very large Portobello mushroom growing plants so mushrooms are a big thing around here. But if you do like mushrooms try this, take small Portobello mushrooms sliced thin or cut in half or how ever you like mushrooms cut. Put them in virgin olive oil when oil is hot enough that the mushrooms bubble like frying a fish. Cook them until the bubbling ?almost? stops. By cooking them this way they are not greasy because the bubbling is the water leaving the mushroom and does not let the grease in. if you cook them to long and the bubbles stop they would get greasy. When finished cooking you then can add these mushrooms to any sauce or salad like you normally wood or eat them just how they come hot out of the pan like I do.

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

I love morel, but can't eat too many at one time. I know guys who find them by the 5 gallon bucket full back in Missouri. They get as much as $25 a pound for them in Kansas City.

#3 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Smallblockfuelie The most I found was less then a bucket for sure, that would be more then I would take anyway; I enjoy the hunt and the fresh eating at the end. When you said you were from Missouri I have to say what a pretty state from the air, I flew over that state on a real clear day day and it sure looked like some great predator hunting. I hope it as good were your at now.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

There was a guy from my home town who found one that was 11" tall.There are a lot of coyotes there in MO, with more bobcats in the south than the north. My place is in the north near KC.

#5 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

SmalblockfuelieI landed in KC to hunt Kansas; it looked like a good state like I said, even from the air.During time between my last posts I read a little about GBS, I hope you are one that is recovering from this. I have a son that became wheel chair dependent at age 21 from something else. He now does better at age 35 then most people and is still in a chair. I have a grand son from him and his wife and another one on the way. Any how enough of this talks, but I felt I had to give you some of my life experiences for some reason.The biggest one I found was about 9 inches tall. But I am going to find one bigger some day. The big one I found other people walked right by it, I think they were so intent on finding the small ones we kept finding they looked right past the big one. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users