2 replies to this topic

#1 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

Today My wife and I went to the Gun shop to look around and see what deals could be had. While we were there, I found a Howa 1500 chambered in .308 with a 22 inch heavy barrel. It was dressed in an OD green hogue synthetic stock, a picatiny rail and a Niko-Sterling scope. The complete package was $629.99 plus the tax. The scope is a brand that I never heard of and I don't expect much from it since its included in the above mentioned price. Has anyone heard of Niko-Sterling before? If so, what I can expect while I am saving for good optics?

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

A buddy of mine bought same package from Turner. I was impressed with the scope (Nikko-Sterling) that came with it. It's a 30MM and the glass is very clear to my eyes. IIRC, it's an Australian company, but the scope where made in China. The price of the scope alone is about 200 dollars according to my friend. I hope this helps you in your decision. The rifle by the way is a shooter.

#3 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for the info. Funny you should mention Turners because that was the shop where I found that combo deal at.Anyway I can wait to get the money saved. know that .308 s a bit much to shoot Coyotes but I would rather have an all around rifle that can take coyotes and dear until can afford a second gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users