8 replies to this topic

#1 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

I'm in the market for a reasonable priced spotting scope. I like the variable power like 20-60, I know the high dollar scopes are all good but I don't want to refinance the ranch to buy one. If anyone is using a mid priced scope and having good luck with it , info would be appreciated.,,300wsm

#2 Remi700

Remi700

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Camping, Shooting, and Hunting.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

I have a Barska from big 5 it was 99 bucks its 20-60 power. Its ok for the money but not like a Nikkon or something high doller. Its good at makeing out .223 .243 bug holes @100 yards but @200 I cant even tell if I hit the paper. I guss it all matters what you use it for mine is mostly range work @100 yards so its fine.Hope this helps in some way.
Joe

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

What's your budget?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#4 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hey 300wsm, I have a Redhead Epic spotting scope that I got from Bass Pro Shops a couple of years ago. It is the 20-60x60 model and it came with a tripod, window mount and hard/soft case. Back then, It was $199.99 but I believe the price is now $249.99. In my opinion, this is still worth every penny. I've used it at the ranges and I easily see .223 holes at 400yds. Even on it's highest setting of 60 power, you can still see objects clearly. I also have a Swarovski STS scope that costs $1400. The only difference between the two is that my Swarovski is quite a bit brighter in low light conditions but it has an 80mm objective lens. This is my hunting scope that I carry in the field when I hunt areas that are unknown to me, otherwise I just use my Leica bino's. I'd go to a Bass Pro shops near you if you can and try the Redhead Epic's out. Good Luck!!!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#5 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

What's your budget?

I'm hoping I can get a good scope for around $250 ?? ,,,300wsm

#6 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the info on the redhead,I'll check them out,,300wsm

#7 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

I just bought a Leupold at Cabela's in Reno that has the cocked eyepiece which I prefer when at the range. I don't know what model it is but it was in the $350 range. I looked at all they had and the guy was very helpful, he even went outside with me with about 6 different scopes in a cart to let me really look out at some range.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#8 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Here's a good deal!http://www.snipershi...3821#Post773821
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#9 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

I just ordered two Konus 20-60x80mm spotters for a friend and I. So far so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users