44 replies to this topic

#1 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

I have a chance to get a Glock 10mm from my buddy who needs some cash.. Are these guns any good? I know nothing about the 10mm.. Thank you,

#2 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

If it's a Glock - it's likely to be good. My 10 day wait period is up on my G27 (.40S&W) tomorrow and I can hardly wait to get it out and give it a whirl!
Sheldon

#3 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

10mm's a great round but ammunition is expensive.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,148 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

I can hardly wait to get it out and give it a whirl!

I'd rather shoot it than whirl it around. But that's just me. :( :signlol2iu:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

I'd rather shoot it than whirl it around. But that's just me. :( :signlol2iu:

Well, you know me. Kinda like that little girl in the parade with a baton... <_<
Sheldon

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,148 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

Well, you know me. Kinda like that little girl in the parade with a baton... :signlol2iu:

That definitely explains the twirling tenancies. :(

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

Time to get a set of 10mm dies I guess.. How does it rate to the .45? I'm a .45 lover!

#8 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

Time to get a set of 10mm dies I guess.. How does it rate to the .45? I'm a .45 lover!

Pretty potent round. It is a 40 S&W on steroids. Definitely more juice than a 45 ACP. As for the Glock...hard to go wrong with them.

#9 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

10 mm nice round you will know when you have pulled the triggerYour return to target time will be slower

#10 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:47 AM

Okay, I'm sold.. New toy coming home soon! :roflmao3[1]:

#11 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

sweet! Post pics when you pick it up. I'm off to pick up my new G27 in about 3 hours. I'll post some pictures this weekend.
Sheldon

#12 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:44 AM

Will do! Enjoy your new toy.. Nothing like walking out of the store with it in your hot little hand!!

#13 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

CG, you'll like the Glock...I havve the .40 Glock and have had it for 4 years. I always keep it as my sidearm for big game hunting and just to take it out and shot some rounds. Never shot the 10mm version...one thing I'm going to do is upgrade my Glock with laser sights though.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#14 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

It has night sights already but I have been eye balling those cool lasers. What is better, The laser grips or the laser that replaces the recoild spring ?

#15 capitol

capitol

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

A hot loaded 10mm round such as double tap ammo is going the same velocity at 100 yards as a .45 at the muzzle. I purchased a Glock 29 a few years ago and I like it a lot. I also purchased a KKM drop in .40 cal barrel for when I feel like shooting that wousy round :roflmao3[1]: Posted Image
Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

#16 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

Did you get it?

#17 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

Yes sir! Just have not fired it yet!

#18 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

Cool beans. Have you been able to find any ammo for it?

#19 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

My buddy gave me about 300 rounds of hollow points for it. I have not looked for regual plinking ammo yet. I may just get a die set and relaod my own in the near future.. I have not had time to play that much these day but I'm looking to fix that problem real quick! :flag:

#20 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

A S&W 610 would be vastly superior to the auto. have had one. read the article in handloader magazine , i dont know when, for much data. this is based on the SW 610. it is about ACCURACY !!!

#21 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

My buddy gave me about 300 rounds of hollow points for it. I have not looked for regual plinking ammo yet. I may just get a die set and relaod my own in the near future.. I have not had time to play that much these day but I'm looking to fix that problem real quick! :)

They shoot well. Basically a .40 with a large pistol primer and a hotter load. Be careful on your reloads as the pressures climb very quickly in that round. Enjoy your toy CG!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#22 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hay CG any updates on how it shoots? And how do you like the glock I hear the trigger is ok compared to a typical trigger assembly

#23 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hi Stan, I love it!! It's a great shooter and the trigger is okay.. I bought a set of dies for my Dillon and have made some nice rounds for it. I carry this gun when I'm in the field.. So far I have only punched some paper with it but the recoil is milder than expected.. I would recommend this gun!

#24 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

How does it compare to a 44 weight etc?

#25 goosebrown

goosebrown

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Ceramics. WEB programming. Varmint hunting and possibly pig hunting.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

Glocks are tremendous. Ugly, but tremendous. The guy that built them used to build gun parts for the Austrian army and heard that there was going to be a competition to replace the Steyr GB. He had no ego about guns (then) and got a bunch of shooters in and asked them what they wanted, two months later he had a working prototype. He got the contract. Wouldn't compete against Baretta here for our contract because he'd have have to given up his patents and proprietary info to allow for a second source of supply. I sort of like that attitude really. You hear from the military type reviewers that you should expect 2-3000 rounds without a single jam given decent ammunition.Bought a 19 in 9mm for my daughter. She loves it. I have my eye on a 17 which is the regular 9mm. I prefer 9mm to other rounds because of price of ammo and availability. Anyway 9mm has killed more people that just about any other pistol round so I guess it has enough stopping power especially with a well placed shot. 10mm seems a little big for me. Of course if you get one at a deal caliber is secondary and 10mm is pretty nice overall. Enjoy it.
Keep your family close... and armed.Matt Brown

#26 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

How does it compare to a 44 weight etc?

Not even close.. My .44 has more recoil even with light loads.. The 10mm is smooth as can be! I really do like this round allot and it has some serious knock down power! I reload 185 grn JHP for it and it seems to really like this formula..

#27 chinny33

chinny33

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, fishing, hunting, spearfishing, God.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

I chose the Glock 20, 10mm as my hunting sidearm because of the mag capacity over a revolver and it is WAY WAY WAY easier to follow up than a .44mag. I hear people actually hunt with this pistol for pigs. Ive used a 10mm as a follow up kill shot rather than using another rifle round for deer and it is absolutely detrimental to the meat. I have no idea how it would fare up against a bear though, but I feel safe enough with it because I am deadly accurate with it. I also feel that the follow up shots are more important than packing the bigger .44mag.what do you guys think? 10mm backup in the wilderness? :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#28 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

I love the 10 MM round and have been looking around trying to decide which one I was going to get.

#29 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

I've had my Glock Model 20, 10mm since 1991. Love the thing. Because of the cost and scarcity of 10mm ammo I've been reloading for it for some time. I've always been able to outshoot my cousin and his Baretta 92 with my Glock 10mm. I bought magazine extensions a number of years back so I now carry 17 rounds in the clip. I have also put on a laser sight in front of the trigger guard and tritium sights above. With regards to having it as a hunting gun, I've never hunted with it, but it is my side arm of choice when go into the back country not only because of critters but in case I come accross any gun weilding pot growers.

#30 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

Caught one of Uncle Ted's hunting shows in which he bagged a nice pig at close range with his 10mm Glock. It was pretty funny, Ted was in full camo sitting at the base of a tree, deer hunting, and this piggy came walking by so he whipped out his pistol and dropped it in it's tracks. After the shot, Ted showed his pistol to the camera and talked about what a great round the 10mm is.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users