• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

I know this ammo has been discussed previously but I can't seem to find the thread(s) through the search feature. Has anyone used the Accelerator ammo? Specifically, I'm wondering about the .30-06 stuff.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

I have shot it in my Remington 700, 30-06, it was pritty accurate and super distructive on jack rabbits. BIG splats.,,,300wsm

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

I tried them in three of my '06s and around four inch groups were the best I could get out of them. I also tried the 30-30 version and it wasn't any better. They wouldn't cycle my remington 7400 either.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

They wouldn't cycle my remington 7400...

I don't have to worry about that, my 7400 is long gone. I'll probably end up ordering a box of 'em anyways just to satisfy my curiosity.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

I don't blame you a bit. I had more than one person tell me they wouldn't shoot worth a darn but I just had to see for myself. Who knows, you could get lucky and one of your guns might like them.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#6 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

In a state along ways away and a long long time ago I had a 308 and that was it and it shot them ok. But was not that great just ok. But at the time OK was great. The scope was set up for the 150gn for deer and yotes. and would just have some acc. in my pockets for cotton tails or fox squirrils. thay would of worked better if I adjusted the scope. Almost 30 years ago. I know Im old . But only in age still act like a 17 year old Well the wifes says 3 but thats a wife talking. The only way to know for sure is to do it.. Ps and thay were fmj all I could get back then.Tony.(peeker)
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users