Photo

Kim Rhode Wins Olympic Gold In Women's Skeet!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Kim Rhode won the Olympic Gold Medal in women's skeet with a record score of 99 X 100.

Congratulations to Kim!

Kim is a very nice yound lady. I have been lucky enough to talk with Kim 4 different times. At the Shot Show in 2011, I walked up to her and started talking to her and she handed me all of her Olympic medals that she had at that time and said , do you want to look at my medals? It blew me away that she just handed me those Olympic Medals for me to look at.

Kim will be trying to get a Gold Medal in Bunker Trap shooting in a few days.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Go Kim! Go USA!

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm surprised she missed....

I met her at a skeet range around 10(?) years ago. She had just shot 150 straight birds without a miss. (Almost) every person at the range, both young & old, were following her aroung & asking her questions. "IF" I remember right, her dad was her trainer at that time? I talked with him for about 38 seconds, nice guy, & he checked my shotgun fit / allignment etc. Said I was pretty close. LOL

Anyway, yes, she is a very nice girl indeed... And way to go, Kim / USA :flag:

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yayy Yayy! USA! Great shootin!

#5 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm surprised she missed....

I met her at a skeet range around 10(?) years ago. She had just shot 150 straight birds without a miss. (Almost) every person at the range, both young & old, were following her aroung & asking her questions. "IF" I remember right, her dad was her trainer at that time? I talked with him for about 38 seconds, nice guy, & he checked my shotgun fit / allignment etc. Said I was pretty close. LOL

Anyway, yes, she is a very nice girl indeed... And way to go, Kim / USA :flag:

A 99 X 100 is not spectacular in American Skeet but in International Skeet a 99 X 100 score is unreal. It looks like the 99 X 100 score Kim shot is a new women's Olympic record.

Kim won Olympic Medals in Women's Trap Doubles and then switched to Women's Skeet when they did away with the Olympic Women's Trap Doubles. It will be really cool if she can win a medal in Bunker Trap Shooting. If she can pull that off she will have won Olympic Medals in three different shotgun shooting events.

Her ability to concentrate is unbelievable.

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just too damn bad the media won't report on it. I've been watching all morning and have not seen mention of it. Well, I have to take it back. they just showed her shooting clay and mentioned she is the first one to win a gold or medal, not sure, in five different Olympics. Pretty impressive.

#7 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Just too damn bad the media won't report on it.

Amen! But there was darn sure a front page report the other day about how we have a good chance to win the gold in badminton :rolleyes: .
She was a semi-close relative of a gentleman I used to work with over 12 years ago. She was just a very young little girl at the time, way before any Olympic events, and his chest would always stick out when he spoke of her. Every time I hear her name it reminds of him, may he R.I.P.. Hope she continues to fare well, it could not happen to a nicer person.

#8 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I just did some searching on the Women's Skeet event and it looks like Kim had a 7 target lead going into the last 25 targets. She kicked butt!

#9 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

USA USA USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA USA USA
USA USA USA USA USA USA

Tom

#10 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Very cool. Over the years I've shot with her many times. She's matured into a shooting machine. I first shot with her when she was about 13-14 yrs old. Her talent was obvious then.

Go USA!

#11 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

I understand she built a 65 Shelby Cobra kit from the ground up too. My kind of girl.

#12 sxshooter

sxshooter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:sxs smallbore shotguns .410 in particular, bird dogs, aviation, BBQ, grilling, photography, red wines, craft beers

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I saw her in the Cobra kit car around the range (Triple B ) before she moved on to Oak Tree. I didn't realize she built it. She's always been friendly, down to earth and unassuming in the little contact I've had with her shooting at Triple B/Pachmyr. Really a nice young lady.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users