#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

I'm all set now with a portable buddy tank for fills out in the field. It takes 4500 psi and I can refill my Marauder .25 cal if needed.The buddy tank fits in my day pack.I get the buddy tank refilled at a paintball shop.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,472 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Nice setup Rich! That's all you need for a Big day of shooting. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

I get 17 fills using it for my Discovery .22 and 8 fills on the Marauder .25...It is a 68ci tank ( 12.1 cu ft)..very handy and can be worn on a belt if you don't want to wear a pack.

#4 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Nice set up!
Tim

VMAX... The only bullet Squirrels ask for by name!

#5 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:I've got so many I couldn't list them all. :)

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

That's a great set up Rich! Plenty of air for a day of hunting with the .25 M-Rod. :) Where did you get the bottle set up and approximately how much would it cost to get that exact set up? (If you don't mind me asking...)

#6 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking,Backpacking,Air Gun Shooting,Woodworking<br />

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Rich that's a sweet rig! We have to get out on some squirrels with that!

#7 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

That's a great set up Rich! Plenty of air for a day of hunting with the .25 M-Rod. :)Where did you get the bottle set up and approximately how much would it cost to get that exact set up? (If you don't mind me asking...)

I bought it from a friend who had no use for it....google "mini hunter tank'.....you may find original source.Or,...consider the Crosman version (90 cuin..16 cu ft) ...(not available yet)...$399 at PA...listed on PA's site for pre-order....

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Rich that's a sweet rig! We have to get out on some squirrels with that!

I sent you an e-mail.....in fact,my wife was asking about you yesterday....!!!

#9 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I bought it from a friend who had no use for it....google "mini hunter tank'.....you may find original source.Or,...consider the Crosman version (90 cuin..16 cu ft) ...(not available yet)...$399 at PA...listed on PA's site for pre-order....

Thanks for that information! I looked them up on YouTube. They want $350 for the bottle with gauge, hose and pouch and $15 for the belt. I emailed them to check on pricing, availability and shipping particulars. I would reallylike to have one of those since it's just what I'm looking for. :) They are just the right size, give a good amount of refills for most of my PCP airguns and the price is right for the set up. For the cost, I think it is a good deal. ;) I'm going to have to make sure not to buy anything else for a year after purchasing one of these! :signlol2iu:

#10 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Rich,I emailed that dude last night at the email address I found on YouTube and haven't heard anything back yet in 24 hours. I know according to the last posts I've found that he was located in Arizona, but that is the best I could do.Is there a name or brand on the valve? I've been trying to look up a valve that looks like the one on your Mini Hunter Tank and I can't find anything that looks like that. I really want to get one of those and if the maker of them doesn't have a website and if I don't get a reply I am going to have to try and find the parts to assemble one myself. There is one on the Airguns of Arizona website that looks almost exactly like the one you've got and I know that the guy on YouTube was from Gilbert, Arizona, which is where I think AOA is at or near.You would think that if this guy really wanted to sell these tank set ups that they would have a website where they are available. :crazy:I used to sell fish (fancy aquarium type) as a hobby and I had my own website that I constructed myself and it looked very professional and I actual did pretty good selling the fish as a hobby on the side (had to stop because I ran out of time to care for the fish when kids came along :roflmao3[1]: ). So you would think that they would at least have a measly, easy peazy website to try and advertise and sell these things if they were serious about it.Uggghhh.... I think I'm just ranting because I really want to order one but I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I feel like by the time I get a reply from the guy I'll have settled or purchased something else. I'm really wanting a tank so that I can carry an air supply with me on camping trips for hunting when I don't want to take my HPA hand pump.Any information if you find anything would be fantastic. Thanks. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#11 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm all set now with a portable buddy tank for fills out in the field. It takes 4500 psi and I can refill my Marauder .25 cal if needed.The buddy tank fits in my day pack.I get the buddy tank refilled at a paintball shop.Posted Image

Rich,I just want to let you know that the guy that was producing those Mini Hunter Tanks has gone out of business :wacko: . I was talking to Joe Brancato (airtanksforsale dot com) today on the phone about the Guppy Tank set up he sells and mentioned the "Mini Hunter Tank" to him and how I had sent the guy a message and he hadn't emailed me back in two days. That's when he (Joe) informed me that the guy making those tanks went out of business and, or doesn't make them anymore :504: . He also told me to let you know that the hose (the braided hose) that is connected on your little tank is only rated for 1200PSI and that the burst pressure on it is 3000PSI :( . He said that many of those hoses that those guys sold have burst because they aren't made for those pressures. He said you can look up photos online of the issues people have had with those hoses and that he would send me the information if you wanted it. He just wanted me to tell you for safety reasons so that you didn't end up getting injured using that particular hose. Of course, that is his side of the story, so I can only go on that. ;)Anyway, since those Mini Hunter Tanks aren't available anymore, and I didn't want to order one of the tanks from Airguns of Arizona (I'm not crazy about dealing with them), I went ahead and ordered the Guppy Tank from Joe Brancato.The Guppy Tank is a 17CuFt Carbon Fiber tank which should give me the following fill quantities,according to the air fill calculator, when filled to the optimal operating pressure for each gun:Approximately 10 fills on my .25 Sumatra 2500 CarbineApproximately 13 fills on my .25 M-RodApproximately 16 fills on my .22 M-RodApproximately 36 fills on my .22 DiscoveryApproximately 66 fills on my .22 P-Rod :yahoo:I think that is pretty good and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. :D It will be quite possible that the amount of fills will be less because each time I fill a gun from it there will be a small amount of air wasted when bleeding/venting the line to disconnect. Still, even 60 fills for my P-Rod is awesome from a little tank. Since the reservior on the P-Rod is only 65cc it doesn't take much to fill it. :)I also had him include the Male Quick Disconnect on DIN300 and Female Quick Disconnect on both ends of the filling hose. That way I can disconnect the hose when it's in the backpack and also when I get it filled at a paintball shop. If I get it filled at a scuba shop I just remove the DIN300 connection by hand and they can connect to it that way. So there are two options for filling it. It was a bit more than what I wanted to spend, but I'm confident that the equipment is good since it is all stainless steel gauges and fittings. Besides, I'll have it for the next 14 years or so, which averages out to about a little more than $38 per year (plus air fill ups). By that time I'll be almost 58 or 59 and hopefully be able to fill my own tanks with a ShoeBox. Joe was a nice guy to talk to and answered all of my questions. Maybe at the end of the year (or middle of next year (2013)) I'll order myself a Shoebox Compressor with the new Belt Drive system and then I'll be all set and can keep filling it myself. But first I need to pay all this stuff off. :signlol2iu:Joe shipped it out via FedEx today, so I should have it by tomorrow according to the tracking update :yahoo: . I'll PM you Rich to find out what places I should or can go to in order to get it filled to 4500 PSI. Oh, and make sure you be careful with that little braided metal hose. :D

#12 garyt

garyt

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can I ask, what type of scope and rings are you using.

#13 autoduel

autoduel

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Nice Rich.
Haven't seen you in a long time. Hope all is well.
We still need to get together for a campout with Wingman some time.

#14 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Lets set it up just give me a few weeks notice to schedule it at work!

#15 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Can I ask, what type of scope and rings are you using.

Presently using the BSA Tactical Mil-Mil 4-14x44 with side parallax adjustment and MRAD reticle..

....with medium rings,scope clear magazine by 1/8"......Rings are Air Force medium rings..

#16 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi autoduel...!!!

Might be hard to pin down Jon as he is a YOU TUBE star now...lol

#17 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

ARH....thanks for tip on the braided air line...I found out that one that failed was subjected to 'more' than 3000 psi...way more in fact...and there was a post on the yellow where another failed while unattended and hooked up to a shoe box rig....the owner was 'out' of the room when it blew and he had no idea how much pressure was on that braided line...sounds like in excess of 4500 PSI...

#18 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi autoduel...!!!

Might be hard to pin down Jon as he is a YOU TUBE star now...lol

I will have to check with my agent. LOL

#19 Air Rifle Hunter

Air Rifle Hunter

Wildlife Sniper

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

ARH....thanks for tip on the braided air line...I found out that one that failed was subjected to 'more' than 3000 psi...way more in fact...and there was a post on the yellow where another failed while unattended and hooked up to a shoe box rig....the owner was 'out' of the room when it blew and he had no idea how much pressure was on that braided line...sounds like in excess of 4500 PSI...

No problem. Just passing along some information that was given to me.

On a side note, I watch Wingman's videos on YouTube, although I kind of thought he was that orangish, yellow "Mall Ninja" :pot: :lol: . Just joking around. I'd like to get together with you guys sometime to meet you and maybe schedule a time to go and decimate some sqeek populations. ;)

#20 Wingman115

Wingman115

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Are you guys open for going midweek? My weekends off are few and far between.

#21 autoduel

autoduel

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Dang, another month has passed. I better pick up a hunting license to motivate myself to get out.
Hard for me to go midweek because of work. I might manage a daytrip, but weekday overnites are out. Email me at twinight@cox.net if you have some potential dates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users