5 replies to this topic

#1 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Do any of you have experience with Eley Ammunition in 17 mach 2? accuracy?corrosion?It is the most available and cheapest.Other than it is made in England.Thanks for any input.

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

I've tried it in the past, wasn't the most accurate in my gun but I don't have any complaints with it. I never found it to be the cheapest but if it's cheap and it's accurate, go for it! :)

#3 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Do any of you have experience with Eley Ammunition in 17 mach 2? accuracy?corrosion?

I shot about 1000 rounds of it at ground squirrels this past season and the only thing I noticed unusual about it was the smell, which I came to enjoy after awhile. I found it very accurate in my Sako Quad. I would shoot 200-400 rounds a day without a cleaning and didn't notice any drop off in accuracy. The rifle didn't seem to be any dirtier than when shooting Hornady or CCI Ammo. I liked it so much I just bought 4000 rounds shipped to my door for $387 from SG Ammo in Oklahoma http://www.sgammo.com. Highly recommended, both the Eley and SG Ammo.Jim in Sacramento

#4 HOG

HOG

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thanks jim. that's a good price. I'll be looking into it. I've only shot 300+ Of the Eleys. I like their accuracy. Haven't gotten used to their smell. I did a communication with Eley re corrosion. No response yet. do you have any corrosion concerns. Thanks,

#5 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

Funny you mention the smell as a guy several seats down at the range caught a wiff of it and came by and chatted. He liked the smell as well, not me. I believe he said it was Vihtavuori powder that they use.

#6 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Thanks jim. that's a good price. I'll be looking into it. I've only shot 300+ Of the Eleys. I like their accuracy. Haven't gotten used to their smell. I did a communication with Eley re corrosion. No response yet. do you have any corrosion concerns. Thanks,

I'd be interested in hearing what Eley has to say. I personally don't have any concerns about corrosion but I clean my rifle thoroghly after each weekend shoot. I've already saved enough money to buy a repalcement barrel and still be ahead. I guess time will tell.Jim in Sacramento

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users