• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:02 PM

Finally got a 22-250 take off barrel (new) from my friend who is a gun smith. Gonna have it fitted to the large bolt face XP-100 and cut to an appropriate length. Then a little load work and off to Modoc county. Hopefully it will like 40 gr VMax or BlitzKing. Should be able to run those at about 3700 fps from a 16" barrel. :) Of course a 50 gr at 3500 would be workable. :D I think that the 22-250 will be somewhat easier to shoot than the present 6 MM Rem chambering and it will still have substantial long range capability. Of course, the new toy syndrome could be working in the motivation for this project.Anyone else have a pistol project in the works?Gary

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Steve,Keep us posted on your progress with that Taurus. Just don't forget you hearing protection with that 218. Those revolvers with high intensity cartridges are LOUD! :mellow: If it's accurate it should be good for more than 100 yds. You gonna scope it? Iron sights are fun when you get the right conditions.Gary

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:55 PM

6x too much for dogs?

You want more than 6X believe me. :mellow:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

6x in the sage is what I was thinking.In the open country I'd have my rifle.That was my thinking anyway.

Oh :mellow: I guess, but pistols are more fun! :P

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:14 PM

Think 2-7x Burris :mellow:

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

The 3-12X Burris is great for rodents if you have a rest. My S&W 647 wears a 2-6X Bushnell. A rifle scope offers some great opportunities for long range rested shots. If you can scrunch and twist enough to get the scope working from a creedmore position then that offers some opportunities to get above the grass without shooting sticks or tripods. :mellow: So many possibilities that you have to try them all out and find what works for you. One problem with handguns is that the shooter almost never sees the hit through the scope which makes self-spotting very difficult.Gary

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:52 AM

One problem with handguns is that the shooter almost never sees the hit through the scope which makes self-spotting very difficult.

Gary, we never miss! :mellow:

#8 jsealc21

jsealc21

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:shooting in general, .22 and .17 hmr in particular, WRC,and mechanical stuff

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

I just purchased an Anzchutz Exemplar 14" barrelled silhouette pistol to replace the one I foolishly sold previously.I have a 4x long eye-relief scope and bipod,and it is very comfortable to use in the creedmoor position as well.Am looking forward to it's maiden voyage.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

Those Anzchutz Exemplar's are really accurate shooting irons.Posted Image

#10 jsealc21

jsealc21

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:shooting in general, .22 and .17 hmr in particular, WRC,and mechanical stuff

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:17 AM

Those Anzchutz Exemplar's are really accurate shooting irons.Posted Image

great taste,and most fulfilling...shooter john,do you shoot smallbore silhouette,or is yours a collector/hunter? :P

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:30 AM

Johnathan,The picture is of someone else's gun. I just wanted the members to see what we were talking about. But yes I've shot smallbore silhouette in the past, nothing to your extent. But I've enjoyed many years of different types of competition pistol, rifle and shotgunning events...John :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users