17 replies to this topic

#1 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

I am still trying to accumulate all my necessary gear and its come to the point where I am looking at my clothes and pack. I have the opportunity to get a good price on an Eberlestock pack and want to jump on it. However they only offer the pack I want in one camo, the Mossy Oak Treestand. Here is a link to the pack http://www.eberlesto...34 Just One.htm From the pics it looks pretty green brown like I would think would work good for California landscape. Your thoughts?Any suggestions on clothing gear that you guys have personally used and really like as well. I know that there are always companies out there that you are just paying for their name and then there are smaller companies out there that make amazing products but because of their small size are still really well priced.

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

All my Eberlestocks are in Max 1 Advantage, but in the end I don't think the pattern on your pack will make any difference at all - they all work.Good choice in pack! Best packs I've ever owned. I see they still use that custom skeletonized rifle for their pictures - it sure is a beauty...

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

The one with the Eberle Stock, yeah its very nice looking rifle.

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Medic, I agree, in that the "Treestand" camo is the wrong one... at least for "predator" hunters, hunting the high (or low) deserts of Ca. Heavy timber is another story & probably better for deer hunters & such. Friends & I will only wear MossyOak BRUSH... The key word being "Brush". This camo blends in like no other IMO. The best, & almost ONLY place we have found this at is Turner's Outdoorsman. One of the Manufactures is Russel Outdoors. I believe another is by Whitewater?! BassPro or Cabela's do not (or did not) carry the brush camo... which is crazy IMO. Anyway, watch the Turner's adds as they have sales on this stuff. The T-shirts are inexpensive anyway, as are the pants if I remember right? It is the heavier shirts & especially the jackets that can be a little pricey & where the sales help.Frank

#5 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

In the link I provided for the backpack it looked like mossy oak brush but the online store only offers it in the treestand. I called them to ask a question but had to leave a voicemail. Hope they call back.

#6 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

For SoCal, Natural Gear all the way. Even tan Khaki works very well, but I have yet to see another color that that matches the desert any than Natural Gear. And it's well made and comfortable as an added bonus.

#7 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:50 AM

Interesting stock on that rifle anyone have an idea what it might be?

#8 SFSMedic

SFSMedic

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Interesting stock on that rifle anyone have an idea what it might be?

It is an eberle stock. His design I only know this because I was bored and reading their website at work. Was designed to drop weight and increase strength or something to that effect.

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

It doesn't matter what color it is, the animals can't tell anyway. If you like it and it breaks up your outline it could be pink and will do the job, so I say buy the one you like but that's my 2 cents.

#10 j6ppc

j6ppc

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

And if your pack is camo it gets *very* easy to lose if you set it down; not that I've ever done that!

#11 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

It doesn't matter what color it is, the animals can't tell anyway. If you like it and it breaks up your outline it could be pink and will do the job, so I say buy the one you like but that's my 2 cents.

DITTO.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#12 gunnut

gunnut

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

I just got an Eberlestock just one pack,,love it.Mine is max-1 camo.I would of liked the brush too I think.Score the one on sale and spend the rest on ammo---GRIN

#13 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

I prefer not to to have people know where I'm at either, thus the reason for area specific colors. Even the pot farm growers won't hassle you if they don't you are there. Less attention just means less hassle period.

#14 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

If you don't move people won't see you.

#15 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

I don't know about you, but the teleporter to my stands is currently broke. :smiley_green_with_envy: Beam me up Scotty.......

#16 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Even when my white socks show a the end of my Natural Gear clad legs the coyotes just think I am two tall rabbits!
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#17 BearWhoHunts

BearWhoHunts

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am into foraging of all kinds. Hunting for game is just one aspect. Every time I am out in the back country I am looking for edible, useful and medicinal flora and fauna. I am also constantly working on survival skills. Hunted as a boy for squirrel, rabbit and some upland birds. I am a farmer by trade and I work for an organic farm founded on ethical work practices.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Cabelas HAD some Brush camo in their silent gear and bow hunter gear. I have some back ordered till July. Good timing for deer season I guess but I want to find some around here for the time being.
"Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites." ~William Ruckelshaus

#18 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

I have both Max 1 and Brush camo from Cabelas silent weave collection. I like the brush better then the Max 1
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users