• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hey folks, there seems to be a lot of interest right now in buying OLL's before GunBanObama takes them away.A few of us have found pretty good deals by buying 3 or more at a time. It looks like the best deals to be had are around $300-$330 for Three lowers.Remember if you buy more than one lower (Rifle Lower) you can put them ALL on the SAME DROS (so it only costs you the $25 once).Anyway, I basically did the following to find some deals:I got on Gunbroker.com today and started e-mailing everyone on there with Stag lowers (I e-mailed a guy with Mega lowers but he wants $120 each plus) asking what kind of deal they could do on 3. I got a couple responses. The one I just went with was $330 for 3 Stags with consecutive #ís shipped. That particular guy only has 1 left and some more on back-order. The other guy offered three for $300 shipped but Money Order ONLY.Aquaelvis has a line on a guy that will sell them for $100 each and $20 shipping.I personally like the Stag's cause they are inexpensive yet good/great quality.Anyway, if any of you guys know of deals on Lowers, post them here.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#2 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

budsgunshop.com has them for 99 with free shipping that seems like a very good price. i think they are only one brand though
Live Free or Die Hardxicanonaztlanca

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

Yep, they are Doublestars. I haven't personally handled any. Everyone on Bud's say's they are good, but I have heard of some of them having so-so finishing. I have personally handled a lot of Stag's and know tons of people that own Stag's. They are probably just fine though. :wedgie[1]:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

Doublestars are OK, but I'm pretty sure Buds won't ship those here. Although I believe they will now ship Saigas to CA, so maybe they are moving in the right direction. Buds has smokin' prices, if you mail in a check or money order.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

I was also looking at the Noveske's. I've read their build quality is known as being top notch, they are located right down the road from me in Grants Pass, and I really like their stamping. They do cost a bit more but if the AWB will possibly be reinstated soon, I'm considering making the investment now. Anybody have experience with their products? $300 for three Stag lowers is a pretty sweet deal though (considering my local gun shop has them for $140 each and will not cut me a deal even if I buy 3 of them). :wedgie[1]:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:29 AM

Woohoo!! My lowers will be in the mail today. :653: :653: :653: :flag: :yahoo: :good: :wedgie[1]: :good: I know it will take me forever to scratch up enough $$ to finish them, but I feel better now knowing I will have them.

#7 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

I heard back from the guy I am getting mine from. I just need to finish my order on his site. He has 3 Stags for $310 shipped. (yep, $103.33 each- out the door) So 3 more are going into the safe for $340 total- after dros fees. I'll post the website as soon as I finish my deal if anyone is interested.

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

Please do post his website once you have your deal dialed in. I missed that e-mail from him by 10 minutes. :yahoo: I ended up spending $330. Feels good to have it done though. :wedgie[1]:

#9 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

EBR has them for around $105 shipped usually. Just check out the site. He's also got an insane sale going on right now on the EEEK's.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

Yep, just checked, $105 per Stag lower. I didn't go all the way through the checkout process though so I don't know if that price includes shipping.Keep em coming guys. I think the Stag lowers at $100-110 a piece is a bargain. Just wish I had enough $$ right now to finish them. :signs1242cn:

#11 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

I heard back from the guy I am getting mine from. I just need to finish my order on his site. He has 3 Stags for $310 shipped. (yep, $103.33 each- out the door) So 3 more are going into the safe for $340 total- after dros fees. I'll post the website as soon as I finish my deal if anyone is interested.

Did you ask if they were consecutive numbered lowers? After looking more at the Noveske stuff, I can get 4 Stag lowers for the price of 2 Noveske's... :signs1242cn:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#12 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

$129.00 at 2nd Amenment Sports in Bakersfield for a Stag lower is a good deal if you value your time. I'm going to buy another Friday when I pickup the one I bought earlier gets paroled. I ordered a 6.5 Grendel upper from Alexander Arms today for $789. Weighs 5 lb with a 19.5" barrel. The bad news is that they will not begin another production run on 6.5s for four weeks so I'm looking at 6 weeks or so, so they claim. It will go on a S&W assembled lower with a Timney trigger. Think there will be any non-lead bullets available in 6 weeks? :signs1242cn: Woo
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#13 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

I got mine from http://haffysoutdoors.com/ec/ 3 Stags for $310 shipped (and was able to use credit card right on his site) The lowers are under the "long arms" section of his site. I don't see anymore of the 3 lots but I am sure he can still do them, just call or email. Contact info:Matt HafnerHaffy's Outdoors, LLC232 Mattie Campbell RdHonea Path, SC 29654Phone: 864 423 7883 (5-9pm)haffy3@bellsouth.netwww.haffysoutdoors.com

#14 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

6.5 Grendel!! I can't wait til we, I mean you get it. :roflmao3[1]: I think that will be my next build as well.Have you found any lead ammo for it? Can you use the standard mags or do you need to order 6.5 specific ones?

#15 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

I got mine from http://haffysoutdoors.com/ec/ 3 Stags for $310 shipped (and was able to use credit card right on his site) The lowers are under the "long arms" section of his site. I don't see anymore of the 3 lots but I am sure he can still do them, just call or email.

Shipping, credit card and FFL charges? What will your unit price really be? Of course everyone doesn't have a Rafael who will only charge, what - $5.00 to handle the transaction plus DROS? Everyone has to make their own deal, but I'm glad everyone is doing it whatever way seems best for them.Woo

#16 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hey Woo, I'm sure you could go through him as well if you wanted.The price elvis got was 3 for $310 shipped. Then DROS and Transfer fee. Total comes out around $340. That's $113.33 each TOTAL. It's not really that big of a deal considering the $$ we all spend on this stuff. :roflmao3[1]: But I think when buying 3+ it helps to save $30 each. I too am glad to see all these guys snatching them up. Boost the economy. :lol: I'd like to see the Firearms #'s up to 100% higher than last year.

#17 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hey Woo, let me know if you need some Grendel Mags. Me and Jim are getting ready to place an order with 44mag.com and I think they have grendel mags for $15.

#18 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, I'll take two. Can hardly wait to get the 6.5 Grendel up against Jim's new Remmy .308 at 500 yards. :roflmao3[1]: Shoot out! Woo

#19 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

I dunno Steve, seems like ordering from my 'puter and then going over to Rafael's house is a whole lot easier then going down to Second Amendment twice. (plus paying $130, tax and fees- what is 2nd Am charging now for dros?) You paid $140- plus dros on each! (that brings it up to at least $165 out the door, not sure what 2nd A charges for the "service") $165 x 3 = $495 for 3. I paid $340, saved $155! (I am sure a lot more since I don't know what 2nd A charges for fees) That $340 is total price paid- dros'd and sitting in my safe.$150 saved, all done from my 'puter. Yep, I value my time and money. (after all, time is money right?) I saved both. Kinda of sounds like you paid for 3 but only got 2?Also, I just ordered some of the same ammo you bought from Valley Gun for $65 and I got it for under $30. WOW! That was easier too, I sent an email saying I wanted it and it will be there when I pick up the lowers. Easy! (not as easy as going to second amendment a half dozen times and trying to buy dead coyote and them never having it)

Of course everyone doesn't have a Rafael who will only charge, what - $5.00 to handle the transaction plus DROS

Not true, everyone in Kern has that opportunity. He is closer to you than 2nd Am. You just chose not to use him. That is fine, to each his own. I value my time and my money though- they are one and the same.

#20 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

OK, here's a question I've been pondering. Lets say you have a bunch of stripped lowers and the Demoncrat White house and Congress ram through a new federal assault weapons bill. Can you build the lowers up into complete rifle after such a law is passed? I thought I read something that said you couldn't, in the old Fed AW bill.

#21 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

Anything serialed to you prior to that hypothetical ban will have to be grandfathered in.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#22 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, the lowers should be good. I don't know how anyone would/should/could know what lowers were complete and what were still stripped. Unless you look in my safe. Even ordering a new upper does not mean anything, you could be replacing an old one. Does anyone remember the old days, what was the deal on uppers, etc after the last ban went into effect?

#23 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

^^^^^That's the way I understand it as well. If you find something that suggests otherwise, please post it Russ.

#24 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:29 AM

Not true, everyone in Kern has that opportunity. He is closer to you than 2nd Am. You just chose not to use him. That is fine, to each his own. I value my time and my money though- they are one and the same.

Wow, I guess it's time to move on. Obviously I'm not communicating effectively otherwise you would be agreeing with me. :signs165xk: SteveH

#25 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

OK, here's a question I've been pondering. Lets say you have a bunch of stripped lowers and the Demoncrat White house and Congress ram through a new federal assault weapons bill. Can you build the lowers up into complete rifle after such a law is passed? I thought I read something that said you couldn't, in the old Fed AW bill.

That will depend on what the "new law" says. It takes time and won't happen overnight and probably not in the first year of Obamadom. This works to our advantage now that there is a growing awareness among the gun community that we must be proactive and not just piss and moan after it happens. "If and when" a new law is passed, in whatever from, it will be up to us to make sure it is at least "acceptable" and addresses issues as you state above.Look, I'm not a black gun guy and haven't even fired the AR-15 I now own. Yes, I am going to build two or three more because I think it is important to be able to show that ARs are legitimate sporting/hunting rifles owned by X million hunters and marksmen in America. Not to say that I will never shoot or hunt with these rifles; I'm actually getting excited about building a 6.5 Grendel. My position may seem a bit weird to many of you, but it is what I feel and what I believe. Just remember that I'm on your side in protecting our Second Amendment rights. :signs165xk: Woo

#26 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

Just an FYI for those of you under 21 years of age. You cannot purchase lowers, you HAVE to purchase a complete rifle.http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=125032

#27 Crosis

Crosis

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

I've been calling around for price quotes on the transfers... It seems like I can order some lowers, but to have them shipped to anyone remotely near me (Most shops in my area refuse to accept Lowers, almost an hour away is the closest one I can find) the price becomes outrageous...For 3x Lowers they charge, $68.97 for the first, $65.00 per each after that + DROS ($25.00)...So we're talking $223.97 + The Lowers Cost($110 per Stag, and I'm having trouble for finding an off-label .308 that's CA Legal...) I was looking at getting 2x AR-15 Lowers, and 1x .308 Lower... Buying them from the Dealer I spoke with earlier today, the .308 Lower would be $475, and the Stag's would be $165 each + CA Taxes of course...They also threw some quotes of $185 for CMMG, and $200 for Sun Devil... Said they would be willing to work with me on pricing a bit...Any help with my searching would be helpful... I've decided (and wife has caved in and agreed) its time we get a couple guns in the house... I'm looking for a couple Pistols (still looking for the ones I prefer, starting to lean towards Glock - 17, 21, or 22), a couple AR's(2x 5.56, 1x .308), and a shotgun(bird hunting)... Before the New Year... (I have no faith in most American's making the right choice and electing anyone but Obama)

#28 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

Where are you? That might help, maybe someone here knows a better place near you. If you are near Bakersfield we can help.

#29 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

www.lanworldinc.comthose guys have CMMG lowers for $105Stag stripped lower for only..........$106ANDthey ship complete AR rifles to california with bullet buttoni just bought my trigger from them GOOD prices after shopping around AND THEY DONT CHARGE........TAXES, WHICH SAVED ME EVEN MORE MONEY

#30 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

www.landworldinc.comthey sell lowers complete with bullet button and if you want with MONSTER MAN alsothey also sell lowers from spike tactical.................................................$125sabre defense .22lr........................................$115sabfre defense 5.56.......................................$125POF 415 Gen I Stripped 5.56 Lower ................$190.00: POF 416 Gen I Stripped 5.56 Lower................ $201.00: POF416GIPOF 415 Gen II Stripped 5.56 Lower ...............$219.00: POF415GIIPOF 416 Gen II Stripped 5.56 Lower ...............$230.00: POF416GIIPOF 415 Gen III Stripped 5.56 Lower ..............$287.50: POF415GIIIPOF 416 Gen III Stripped 5.56 Lower.............. $299.00: POF416GIIIFulton Armory .308 Stripped lower .................$460.00: FUL308SL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users