4 replies to this topic

#1 asquirrelsworstenemy

asquirrelsworstenemy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

I've been reading that the Jap 7.7x58 is the metric measurement of the British .303, is that true? Am I able to substitute the .303 for the 7.7 Jap round? Thanks and happy hunting!!
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways. -John WayneGod made man, Sam Colt made them equal.

#2 DirtyDave

DirtyDave

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

They are not the same cartridge. They take the same .312" dia bullet if you are reloading though.Hornady and Norma offer ammo in 7.7jap
Hic Ego Statio

#3 docskinner

docskinner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Learning to navigate Cali hunting laws &amp; Regs. <br />Hunting, shooting, fishing.<br />

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've been reading that the Jap 7.7x58 is the metric measurement of the British .303, is that true? Am I able to substitute the .303 for the 7.7 Jap round? Thanks and happy hunting!!

it uses the same slightly larger .30 caliber bullet that the .303 British does (.311-.312 v .308 for what we consider normal 30 caliber), and had about the same ballistics, but they are NOT the same cartridge! http://www.chuckhawk...-7mmArisaka.htmhttp://en.wikipedia....7×58mm_Arisaka

#4 asquirrelsworstenemy

asquirrelsworstenemy

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

I didn't think they were but thanks! Didn't want to blow up my gun!
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways. -John WayneGod made man, Sam Colt made them equal.

#5 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Graf & Sons will have the ammo the cheapest and it shoots well. They also have brass for it if you want to reload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users