11 replies to this topic

#1 QUADMAN

QUADMAN

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

I'm coming to the CPC brain trust for help. Looking to buy my first new shotgun since the 70's. I'm looking for manufacturer, model, buying tips and a dealer. I would like a left handed, semi auto, camo, 3" or better, ventilated rib. No, I have not been good this year, but I want to stop the voices.Be gentle on my wife's future augmentation budget, like Steve, I'm a federal government employee. I can't show up in Gerlach in January with my paint ball gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. QUADMAN formally, KINGQUAD

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

Mossberg has an auto loader now, the 935. I don't know if they make a left handed model, though. To be honest, I dont know that I've seen ANY left handed shotguns. Do they make them?

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:42 PM

Mike these are higher end but the best, plus they make them for us lefties.Benelli Super Black Eagle II is made in a left-hand version

#4 ForkedHorn

ForkedHorn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Berretta makes a really nice "bottom eject, so it's ambidextrous... in fact, I believe any bottom eject would be ambi.? What are your criteria and budget? I.E. Strictly for yotes or would you like to be able to water fowl, turkey, upland etc. as well? do you want something pretty and nice or something that can get muddy and thrown in the back of the truck without a care but will get the job done? How much can you spend? can you / will you be able to camo it yourself? do you want short BBL or Long?, synthetic or wood etc... post some more info. and you can probably get pointed in the right direction...

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:25 PM

Forkedhorn, I think they discontinued the model you're thinking of. I search for bottom eject and I found this statement on their site.

The only thing that is not available from Beretta is a semi-auto with a left hand ejection port. However, we can suggest that you review the semiautomatic shotguns offered by Benelli by visiting their website online at http://www.benelliusa.com/. We are confident that, there, you will find the left-handed version you are looking for.

#6 QUADMAN

QUADMAN

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:47 PM

Mike these are higher end but the best, plus they make them for us lefties.Benelli Super Black Eagle II is made in a left-hand version

I took a look at the Benelli Super Black Eagle II as you suggested. Outstanding looking firearm. It is pricey as all things of this caliber. (no pun intended) I made up my mind years ago that my next shotgun would be a left hand eject. It was bad enough in the military having virtually every hot piece of brass land in your shirt or between your shooting glasses and eyeballs. Locating an M-16 plastic brass deflector was next to impossible. I would like the camo version. Would prefer it was factory painted. I'm debating having my AR camo'd or not. I want this gun primarily to hunt coyotes and turkeys, not much of a duck or goose hunter. Do you guys suggest a 26" modified as an all around barrel length and choke? Once I digest your suggestions, any suggestions on where to buy?Thanks for the tips.Mike

Mossberg has an auto loader now, the 935. I don't know if they make a left handed model, though. To be honest, I dont know that I've seen ANY left handed shotguns. Do they make them?

I believe Remington made some at one time. I'm going to check right now.Thanks,Mike

#7 ForkedHorn

ForkedHorn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

Forkedhorn, I think they discontinued the model you're thinking of. I search for bottom eject and I found this statement on their site.

The one I was thinking of that my buddy has is a pump. I can email him and see what model it is, if QUADMAN is interrested in a pump? It may be discontinued though? Or heck, an Over Under would work...?

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:37 AM

Mike,I found that Remington makes a left-handed auto loader too. Here's the link Model 11-87? Premier? Left-Hand.Posted ImageThey also make a left-handed pump in the Model 870. But I know you were looking for a semi-automatic. Apparently these and the Benelli's are the only left-handed ones anymore. The Benelli is also the only one that comes in camo.Posted Image

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:11 AM

ALl these years as a lefty and I didnt know these existed! I learned something today. I am almost afraid to see the price tag on the Benelli!

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

ALL these years as a lefty and I didnt know these existed! I learned something today. I am almost afraid to see the price tag on the Benelli!

Heath, I didn't know you were a lefty too! :o They're about $1200 to $1400 depending where you get them from. You know they make lefty AR's too! ;)

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:32 AM

I did know about the AR's. It doesn't bother me to shoot a right handed model auto loader if I can come up with an ambidextrous safety lever, though. So far I've only got two left handed rifles; a Ruger and my Remington. When I was young and on a limited income I just couldn't find a used left handed rifle and had to buy what I could afford.I've always been told that the resale value is higher on a righty compared to the lefty. Although, since I just dont sell my rifles I guess it really doesnt matter!

#12 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:23 PM

I am left handed and I have struggled with the same issues. I have both a left hand Remington Tactical 1187 (Vang Comp) and a left handed Benelli M1. I also have three Remington 870's That are right handed but I had my gunsmith put left handed big button safety's in them. I got the Benelli on the internet for around $700 plus our wonderful State fees. I have shot hundreds of rounds through my auto's by I still go back to my $195 dollar Remington 870 express. I know I can depend on the pump no matter if I am defending my family or hunting wild boar. The high dollar shot guns are nice, but they shoot about the same as the big dollar ones. PM me if you need more help. God Bless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users