• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

I am placing up for auction, a beautiful closed reed call. Now I know a lot of you guys use e-callers, but I hope you don't go out into the field without a hand call. Heck, if something happens to that e-caller, you don't want to have to come home do you? Well, here is the answer. And in getting the call you can help the CPC stay afloat. In case you haven't thought about it, somebody has to pay to have this forum up and running, and I just felt it was about time I did what I can to help.Here is how this thing is going to work. I am placing this call up for bid tonight. The bid will be open until 9pm Thursday night, October 12. I was going to run it until Friday night, but realized that was Friday the 13th. :lol: So we will close it on Thursday night. The poster with the highest bid will win the call. The time stamp on the post will be the determining factor who is the last bidder. All proceeds, and I mean all proceeds, will go directly to the running of this site. I will furnish the call and the postage. Now I know there are a bunch of you out there that frequent this forum daily, and I expect to see some bids to help keep this thing afloat. And hell, you are getting a great call. And I will voice it in either cottontail or jack, the winners choice. OK, now here is the call. It is a closed reed call, voiced with a JC reed. It comes with a guarantee that if anything goes wrong with it, send it back to me and I will fix it or send you a new, similar call. Can't beat that! The call is a glue up starting with, from the top, Mahogany, Cocobolo, Black Palm, and Cocobolo. It is finished inside and outside. It is very pretty and loud too. Should bring in lots of animals. OK, lets get the bidding started. Oh yea, here is a picture of the call.Attached File  laminate3__Small_.jpg   39.41KB   81 downloads

#2 Soreloser

Soreloser

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Anything Archery and of course my 22-250 vs. coyotes..

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

Since I have a couple of Braz's calls and I know they are worth the money, I'll start with $10.00

#3 vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:35 AM

I like the look of the Black Palm, $15Mike

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

I'll go $20. Beautiful call. Almost too nice to use!JasonCome on guys, it's for a good cause, to help keep the forum up!

#5 vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

$25Mike

#6 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hey everyone. There is less than 24 hours left to bid on this great call. The current bid is really low for this nice call, but to entice everyone to bid, I am going to throw in a little something extra for the winner. They will learn what it is when they open the package. So let's get to bidding. Remember, you are on this site for free, but the site isn't free! It does cost someone to keep this up and running so let's help that person out by bidding on this call. After all, you won't be out money, you will have purchased a great call!

#7 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

I'll go $29.95 as long as the bonus item isn't a picture of Alpenliter in a swimsuit.Jason

#8 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:15 PM

Heck fire, that's what I was going to put in, but now that you hurt my feeling you won't be getting the picture of me and my bikini. :P

#9 vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

$30, just to keep it an even number.Mike

#10 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

OK, 6 hours left. The call is packaged with that special little something. Just waiting for the highest to show his face. Come on guys, it is for a good cause. To help keep this forum up and running!!! :P

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Everybody, bid high and bid fast. Where else would you all go if the forum shut down? :P

#12 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

$30, just to keep it an even number.Mike

$30.50

#13 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

Come on guys. What's with this fifty cents bidding. Over at CVC they have an auction going, the same as here, and they are already up to $65. Yep that's right. So what's going on here?

#14 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

$30.50

ShooterJohn, this auction is not easy to find and that's why it's not doing well.

ShooterJohn, this auction is not easy to find and that's why it's not doing well.

If I get this for $30.50 it's a steal!

#15 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

$50 to a good cause.

#16 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

$50 to a good cause.

WOW, a sniper jumped in there with a great bid. Way to go buzzrd feedr. Hey guys, I had a lot of fun with this and the money is going to a good cause, to keep this forum up and running. Hopefully everyelse had a good time. I really appreciate all the bidders and maybe we can do it again one of these day. What do you think?Bzzrd feedr, contact Shooter John and arrange with him to send the $50. Send me a PM with your address and I will have the call and the something extra in the mail first thing in the morning.

#17 Craig J

Craig J

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

I missed it by ten minutes.

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:54 PM

Thanks to everyone for their efforts and to alpenliter for his fine donation and running the auction. Thanks to the Bzzrd man for buying it. :P

#19 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

this is the first time i heard about it. i found it by chance.

#20 Craig J

Craig J

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:13 AM

Okay so when is the next one?

#21 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:21 AM

Maybe next month?

#22 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:29 AM

Timing your shot is everything. Arrgh!!

#23 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

Timing your shot is everything. Arrgh!!

Congratulations Buzzard Feeder! I wasn't able to watch the auction anymore after my last bid. Looking forward to the next one.Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users