7 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

I have the oppertunity to buy one of the CHP trade-in guns. It is a 40 Cal Smith 4006. The price seems right, $290 plus $30 fees, $320 out the door. I guess they have been sent back to Smith and gone through, come with box, 2 mags, etc. I don't know much about them. I have a Glock now but it is a 9mm so a 40 cal would be nice. I have just never heard that much about the S&W semi-autos. Thoughts?

#2 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

anyone?Attached File  pix985269234.jpg   37.49KB   84 downloads

#3 bumper

bumper

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Soaring, flying, machinist, welding, inventing tools and things mechanical and electronics . . . oh, and shooting.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

anyone?

Sorry, no direct experience. I do have a S&W 3913 (single stack, 9mm) that is a good shooter and well made gun. It looks similar. Double action trigger is reasonable and a lot better than my earlier PPKS. Single action trigger is quite good. Shoots so well stock, that I never felt the need to mess with it.I carry a Sig P229 in 40 cal now.bumper

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

Sorry I have no experience with one either. Lots of handguns but not one of those.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

A hunting buddy of mine just bought one. He said it has been completely refurbished by S&W. I believe he has fired 500+ rounds through it so far and is delighted with his purchase. YMMV

#6 Creeping Death

Creeping Death

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

I have had my 4006 since the day after I turned 21 years old, 15 years ago. I have not shot it alot lately. Put alot of rounds out of it. not a hicup.

#7 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I did end up getting one. (might put my AR build off for a time... but then again might not! :roflmao3[1]: )They were a pain to get. Thought it would be easy but most of them are spoken for. My brother in law had to find an officer that changed his mind, originally put in for the buy back and then decided not to get it. If you can't find one with a serial number you get placed on the list... which I am sure means you get the beat up ones that no one else wanted. (after the clean ones get picked through) The one I got is only 2 years old. Cool... now I have a 40 cal! (well, I will as soon as the company ships to the FFL, then dros jail time, etc) :popcorn:

#8 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Can you please post up on how it prints on paper? I've shot a couple of Smith's auto's and the only one I've liked is the Perfomance Center Auto. I had trouble with the auto's making anything close to a group. Thanks and I hope you've got a good one there.Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users