#1 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

I got this in an e-mail to day.Cabela's E-MailSo I am wondering how and who is going to decide what is and what is not handgun ammo? This is a stupid law. Who ever thinks these things up does not have the common sense god gave a piss ant. Besides this being a stupid law there is clearly rifle ammo on this add.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#2 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

I see that the .223 is off limits too. this isn't good
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

There are other methods of purchasing your ammo. I've already made my arrangements. Too bad for the gun dealers in this state. They're going to loose alot of customers and money! Way to go COMMIFORNIA!!!!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#4 Mick17

Mick17

Varmint Hunter

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:I love shooting all types of guns and hunting. I shoot and reload for my shotgun, my .45, and my .223. I love deer hunting ,but there aren't very many deer these days. I really enjoy Coyote hunting. It's very exciting calling in a wild animal. I also try to practice with my .45's as much as I can. I am a member of the NRA and the CRPA.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

This law is so stupid and vague...That's why the outgoing sheriff of Tehama County, Clay Parker, the NRA and the CRPA have joined together in a law suit seeking an injunction regarding this proposed law. Somebody had better hurry and make a decision.
"Life's tough-It's even tougher if your stupid"--John Wayne

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

I'd say it's too late already time to move too bad the wife doesnt want to go hehehe
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#6 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

I see that the .223 is off limits too. this isn't good

I must have missed that. Where is that ? I think the rest of the ammo listed on the "shop now" is their regular selection.

#7 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

Does anybody have any information that specifies what if any ammo that can be used in a rifle and handgun will be affected by this silly law? I am mainly wondering about 22 lr ammo.

#8 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

This law is so stupid and vague...That's why the outgoing sheriff of Tehama County, Clay Parker, the NRA and the CRPA have joined together in a law suit seeking an injunction regarding this proposed law. Somebody had better hurry and make a decision.

I hope some thing good comes out of it. I buy a lot of ammo on line. I guess I will just have to drive to nevada and get it now. I am also wondering with all the specialty pistols out there if a lot of mainly rifle ammo will be banned. I have not seen a list of what will distinguish what is going to be not allowed???
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Yea, we may have to start setting up local pools where a bunch of guys go together and decide what to buy, and one guy makes the run outta state. Seems like that's going to be a real possiblilty if they don't get rid of this stupid law.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#10 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

Yea, we may have to start setting up local pools where a bunch of guys go together and decide what to buy, and one guy makes the run outta state. Seems like that's going to be a real possibility if they don't get rid of this stupid law.

Was talking to a guys girl friend that I know the other night and she told me that he bought some ammo online from cabela's and had it shipped to there store in nevada and they went and picked it up there. I do not know why, it was rifle ammo. 30-06 I will investigate this farther, but it sounds like that is what I may have to start doing. Bull$&!^ in my books. Like if any one wants to really go and kill some one the difference in where the ammo comes from is going to change it. This law is not going to make any difference in crime as far as I am concerned. As a matter of fact it should be a crime to pass a law like this. It is going to hurt local gun shops and the sporting community as a whole. ( I am real fed up with politicians. You have just ran some more business's out of the state. Got to tell you that I am just sick of the way our CA politicians think. If powder was brain's, they don't have enough between all of them to make a fire cracker.)

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

Cabela's won't ship to Sacramento already even if you live in the unincorporated part and not just the city. I bought some stuff back over the summer from them and had to send it to a Carmichael address I have so that they would ship it. The same week I bought some .22cb's from Natchez and they sent it to my house. Go figure.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#12 Lang

Lang

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Trucks,Firearms,Computers,Doberman Pinchers

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

I got the same Letter,and most of what I have bought was Rifle not Handgun....so does that mean they just won't ship anything to me now ?.

#13 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Braz, we won't be able to send it to you either, so going to Nevada will not do anyone any good unless we live close by to each other. I have a class a license so i can spend the night at the vegas area for about 10$ a night. Some motels give truck drivers a discount on rooms.

#14 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

wheres the NRA ? out collecting dues. good point on the 22 l.r etc..

#15 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

wheres the NRA ? out collecting dues. good point on the 22 l.r etc..

I hear you on this one loud and clear. I am a NRA member. They make me mad by sending me way to many renewal notice's. I have often thought that if they would put as much effort in fighting for our gun rights as they put in to sending me mail, our gun rights would be safe and sound. They also waste a lot of money by sending me those notice's. I will not renew until my subscription is up.

#16 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

They added the .223 after the Governator signed it into law. I will boycott anything Arnold does in the future, including never seeing another one of his movies. Heck, I will vote against anything the state wants, including the new delta project, and Gov. Brown wanting to extend the extra taxes inacted last year, (it was on the internet yesterday). I also agree that this law is aimed at controlling firearms, including those of law-abiding citizens. I really feel that this infringes upon my 2nd Ammendment rights; where are the law suits?

#17 TonyS

TonyS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Birds, deer, predators

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

Locnload,It's over. Google can be your friend. Next time let's not all fall asleep at the wheel and wake up to find something like this has passed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users