• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:20 AM

Finally got the time to sit down and mount the scope yesterday. Not exactly a calling gun as it weighs a TON! There has been nicer looking AR's in this forum, but this one is mines :)I didn't like the post ban eagle upper that came with the rifle. It also came with a carry handle so mounting high powered optics was out of the question without raising the comb of the stock. So I sold my upper and ordered the new DPMS upper.Registered Eagle Lower as an SB-23 AW rifle.Complete DPMS 24" upper - thanks to Mark for pointing out this great deal. It was basically $350 shipped.SWFA Super Sniper 16X42 30mm scope - group buy that included a bunch of free accessories and shipping.Burris Xtreme Picatinny scope ringsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageNow like most of us with new toys, I'm waiting for some decent weather to sight it in.

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

What lower is that?

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

Pre ban Eagle Arms lower....I registered it as an AW when called upon to do so back in the 90's, thus the empty mag well.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:58 AM

If you dont mind my asking, where did you get the upper? My buddy is looking for one.

Pre ban Eagle Arms lower....Its registered as an AW, thus the empty mag well.

So you're one of the lucky ones who gets to have a "real" little black rifle!

#5 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:39 AM

The upper was from Midway that I ordered back in February, I think? It was on sale for $380 shipped. I need a tac latch now because its hard to reach the charging handle underneath the scope....Luckily, I did buy an AR back in the days. I wish I would have been smart enough to squirrel away a few more recievers :rolleyes:

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

I wish I would have been smart enough to squirrel away a few more recievers :lol:

A lot of people are saying that very thing. Fortunately for me my wife retires fro the Navy in about 5 years , and after she does we will be returning to MO where I can own an AR type rifle. Maybe someone will challenge the constitutionality of these CA gun laws and get these laws over turned in the mean time? :rolleyes: Yea RIGHT !!!!

#7 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

Well, I did jump on the band wagon and purchased a couple "off-list" lowers that are sitting in my safe stripped and locked up (yes, even though they are stripped). The future of these lowers are still blurry. I'll only build those if they get "listed". If they don't get listed and some type of legislature is brought up that says these current "off-list" lowers have to be pinned forever, those lowers will just stay stripped... :rolleyes:

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

Nice ar I see you dont have a Forward assist dont need one anyway.I wanted one at first ,but sence i been shooting my TLC bushy with out it i haven't needed it as long as I let it slam home.I have a scope on mine i have a hard time also pulling back the handle I can barely grab it. I found a tactical Latch for 21.95 from bushmaster. :rolleyes:

#9 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

A lot of people are saying that very thing. Fortunately for me my wife retires fro the Navy in about 5 years , and after she does we will be returning to MO where I can own an AR type rifle. Maybe someone will challenge the constitutionality of these CA gun laws and get these laws over turned in the mean time? :( Yea RIGHT !!!!

Actually, there is a provision in the statute that allows for new residents and military personel to bring their 'assault' weapons into the state. Here's a snippet as relates to incoming residents:(2) A person moving into this state, otherwise in lawful possession of an assault weapon, shall do one of the following: (A ) Prior to bringing the assault weapon into this state, that person shall first obtain a permit from the Department of Justice in the same manner as specified in Article 3 (commencing with Section 12230) of Chapter 2. (B ) The person shall cause the assault weapon to be delivered to a licensed gun dealer, as defined in subdivision © of Section 12290, in this state in accordance with Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto. If the person obtains a permit from the Department of Justice in the same manner as specified in Article 3 (commencing with Section 12230) of Chapter 2, the dealer shall redeliver that assault weapon to the person. If the licensed gun dealer, as defined in subdivision © of Section 12290, is prohibited from delivering the assault weapon to a person pursuant to this paragraph, the dealer shall possess or dispose of the assault weapon as allowed by this chapter. I have heard of a couple of people pursuing this successfully....Check over at AR15.com in the hometown California forum for more... //Ben

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

Ben,That is SUPERB information, thank you. I just posted a question on AR15.com about this ... apparently they are purging all posts older than 30 days?

#11 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

Yes, unless you are a 'member' over there, searches are limited to the last 30days....Still, as I recall, Paul the forum moderator there was one of those who managed to bring his ARs in when he came here with the Navy. Maybe he'll respond when he sees your post.I'll email you another contact how might be able to help... //Ben

#12 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:26 AM

Ben,Thanks, I appreciate that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users