• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

apologize for hijacking the thread, but since we're showing new hunting rigs...I just bought this yesterday - 2010 F-250 Super Duty. I almost went for the 2011 with the 6.7L , but decided on this one. A major franchise sports player had this for two months and after he moved he couldn't find parking in the garage. so he traded this for a non-lifted 2011. Only had 1,000 miles on it when I bought it and for $14k less than the 2011....

Sweet truck and a sweeter deal.That should take you just about anywhere. Good luck with her.

#32 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

apologize for hijacking the thread, but since we're showing new hunting rigs...I just bought this yesterday - 2010 F-250 Super Duty. I almost went for the 2011 with the 6.7L , but decided on this one. A major franchise sports player had this for two months and after he moved he couldn't find parking in the garage. so he traded this for a non-lifted 2011. Only had 1,000 miles on it when I bought it and for $14k less than the 2011....

street queen :signs684mh: ......

#33 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Pic 2

Those look like steel wheels. If so, good choice for hunting or offroading. If you dent one (which will happen), jack the wheel off the ground, lower the air pressure to just under 5psi and beat the dent out with a heavy ball peen hammer. People with 4x4's that run alloy wheels will have to throw on a spare or worse-walk out. As an offroading hunter, you should never be without an auxiliary air compressor (not the cheap type that plug into a cigarette lighter port), Hi-Lift jack, and a whole lot of tools. Jawbreaker knows all about this.Now that you have your lift kit, test the tire clearances by finding some off camber inclines/declines like a small ditch, so you can see how much flex your system can take. Better yet, if you have or know someone with an RTI ramp you can get exact measurements so you'll know what your vehicle is capable of doing in real world situations. Good luck with your upgrades!

#34 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

street queen :lol: ......

I agree. iahve the same thing in an 06 and it's too big to hunt in most of the places we go. It does look good though.

#35 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

HOLY COW MAC I love your truck.... dont mind me drooling IM going thru withdrawals LOL

Thanks Rae, I couldn't pass it up! Having the navigation system installed today. That was the only frustrating part. the 2011's F-250's come with the full navi/media system, and only the 2010's F-150's come with it. Howvere the 2010 did come with the Microsoft Sync, USB, etc. --- hard getting into that darn Ford Explorer rental they gave me this morning when I dropped the truck off!!

#36 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

street queen :signs1180lq: ......

LMAO!!! Yea, yea, go ahead..stir that pot. But I sure like the diesel power when going out of state and hauling the ATVs and such. If I was just "toying" around (no pun intended :angry2: ) then I would just get a little off-roader :fuhrer:

#37 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hey Id be thrilled to drive that terrible ole street queen...

#38 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Just messin' with ya mac. I also HAD a very chromed out '05 Ram 2500HD that was mega lifted, big tires, Banks this and that with more than 450hp, monster stereo so loud it shattered windows in the neighborhood, 3 dvd monitors, front and rear camera systems, electric drop down steps and a hydralic tailgate lift. Too many other items to list but these were a few. It was so purrdy that I was afraid to take it offroad or out in bad weather because it took so long to clean it all up again. Earned several awards at some truck shows with it but when the right fella came along with the right amount of money, I sold it to him. All in all, I had close to $60 grand in it and sold it for $48 grand. That will be my one and only bout with a street queen. Never again! Watch out because it's addictive to keep adding things on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users