modoc squeek shooter

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, guns, and saddles,
    self appointed GURU of squeek shooting in Modoc County

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

I bought a used RCBS Uniflow powder dispencer off EBAY. It is the old style with the metal screw in powder drop. I went on RCBS" website to see if I could get Powder drops for 22, 20 and 17 cal. They didn't have any listed so I called them. They asked for my address and said they would send me some. How great was that! NO CHARGE. Talk about good customer relations. Ed

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Very nice, Ed... Can't beat that... Some other companys (not just reloading) should take note, what "customer service" is etc.

The vast majority of my (old) equipment is RCBS. Works for me too :)

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Their customer service is tops.

#4 STPilot

STPilot

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Jet Ski's, Photography... Oh and Shootin' Stuff!!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

RCBS and Dillon Precision are leaders in customer service!
Tim

VMAX... The only bullet Squirrels ask for by name!

#5 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

I too have had great results with RCBS. Very good Customer service.
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#6 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

RCBS is great. They have replaced broken or missing parts for me on new or used stuff with out a second thought.

Hornady has also. They sent me a free new die as the one I bought used was a style they no longer make even after I told them I got it used off e-bay.

Dillon gave me a bit of lip on a decap pin that broke due to the new(from them direct) 650 was adjusted wrong. I asked for 2 and finally they said they would send only one. But they did send it.

NOW lee is another story. They have asked for the old part to be sent back which would cost as much as just buying a new one at the gun shop. They insisted on a reciept for items and they do not lifetime warr much of their stuff. Several reasons I suggest people not buy their products.

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

When i lived in Oroville, I had several several opportuntities to walk in with a piece of equipment and got instant satisfaction. LIterally, in minutes.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 Hemiallen

Hemiallen

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Good deal Ed.

I have had RCBS components for 35 years and always had good quality items.

My FIL loaned me a set of RCBS dies for the 300 wby he will never reload for again, and I had problems with the ammo made with them. He is good friends with the Huntington Manager and knows Buzz, so we drove up on a Friday and showed them the dies. While we looked at Huntington's museum and used gun inventory a worker took the dies across the street to RCBS, he came back with a new set of dies and 3 cases, one was mine. They determined the old 2 step process of making the dies did produce dies that could be misaligned, that set was one of them. The new dies are all CNC so no misalignment could happen. The ammo produced was very good ( low runout) and shot better in my 300 wby.

Dillon is also top notch, but I haven't dealt with them for 10 years or so.

Allen

#9 KNOCKED UP

KNOCKED UP

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, archery,Reloading.
    Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and good people
    RETIRED

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Before I purchaced my equipment, Grant told me about the RCBS warranty. So I purchaced all RCBS equipment. I had a bad brass set screw on one of my dies, they sent me several brass set screws, and a locking nut. I am very glad I chose RCBS. Not to mention the rebate. Tom
  • docskinner likes this

Life on earth is temporary, Choose your destiny Wisely.

#10 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Buzz Huntington has a great place and if I remember everything in the museum he himself shot he is a very good person to know and has always been helpful to me hard to get bullets 348 lead, custom 44 mag shot shell dies and advice on dies
Myself and 2 friends stopped in to see him in the 80s and get to take a tour of RCBS and meet Jay Postman @ RCBS Had a great time
If you get the chance ask him about his hunting prairie dogs some time and what he would take but then it was his dad that help start reloading in the first place
Here is a link to his store hard to find brass etc
http://www.huntingtons.com/

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,321 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Jay Postman passed away back in 2004 and unfortunately they don't give the RCBS tours any longer as we tried to set one up for club members back around 2005. I remember the tour I took of the plant when I was in high school. In fact I bought my first RockChucker press after the tour.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#12 Bisley

Bisley

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Interests:The three W's, whiskey, women, weapons. No particular order.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I remember the tour I took of the plant when I was in high school. In fact I bought my first RockChucker press after the tour.

Was that your first RockChucker or THE first Rockchucker way back then? :lol: :bleh[1]:

#13 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

:signlol2iu: :signlol2iu:
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,321 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ha Ha! Both. :harhar1[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users