#1 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting - Shooting

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

The 25. of July I was out to try to make some regulation by the fox pups. I sat in a stand and had a great view to a harvest field. There were no fox pups this morning, but after a while a Dow was coming out of the woods, and started feeding, about 120 meters from me. I turned my riflescope on 20-x magnification, and it?s succeeding me to ?catch? the Dow with my camera through the scope.MauserPosted Image

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:58 AM

Mauser,Could you give us a few details of how you got the camera and scope lined up? Did you use any special settings on the camera?A17Shooter

#3 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

a Dow was coming out of the woods

So it looks like the "Dow" is up but how is the "nazdak" doing :lol: Sorry couldn't resist :) Nice photo, Stiffniek gets those scope pics as well. I to would like to know how you guys do that.But most important were do you find Deer, I seem to only see them on the Discovery channel :)

#4 tomcat

tomcat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

i like the gun is it custom? lets see sum pics.this is my 98 Mauser in 22-250 with a AL weaber targit BBL all custom Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

Ya' Lets see some pics of the Mauser:Nice Camo on yours TomCat :lol:

#6 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

Mauser,Could you give us a few details of how you got the camera and scope lined up? Did you use any special settings on the camera?A17Shooter

It?s a bit difficult, but I had lined my rifle up on the edge of the stand. The camera settings are on ?MACRO? and then it?s just to find the right distance from- and full pictures in the scope. This work requires some practice. :lol: Mauser

#7 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:14 AM

My fox terminator (Mauser 98) Posted ImageMauser

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:44 PM

That's what a rifle should look like! Beautiful!!

#9 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

Sweet: Nice stockNow I need specifics.Cal., Barrel Make, safety make.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

Your scope is canted. :lol:

#11 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

Your scope is canted. :lol:

I noticed the same thing. db

#12 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

neat picture and purdy guns.

#13 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:49 AM

Hej! Answers!Hylander:Stock: Home madeCal: .220 SwiftBarrel Make: ?Adams & Bennett? from MidwayTrigger: ?Timney?Shooter John and Bozsik: I know it look like scope is canted, but it must be a photographic deceit.Mauser

#14 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:36 AM

A&B Barrel you Say:How is the Accuracy ? Got any Target Pics.I ask cause I'm in the process of installing an A&B in .243 on one of my Mausers. All I need is a Finish Reamer to head space it.Anyone Got one ?

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

I've used bullet drop-sheets for many years. I started doing it with my airguns due to their somewhat artillery trajectories. :) But even with my new Varmint Reticle scopes I feel it's worth it to have a chart to glance at when taking the time to use my rangefinder. :)

#16 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

I've used bullet drop-sheets for many years. I started doing it with my airguns due to their somewhat artillery trajectories. :) But even with my new Varmint Reticle scopes I feel it's worth it to have a chart to glance at when taking the time to use my rangefinder. :)

Hey John,I used to have a "cheat sheet" taped to the top of my home-made telephoto flash before they had TTL metering. I wish I had marketed the tele flash when I first thought of using one. I did it for a project in a biological photo class when I was working on my BA in Bio-Photography. Nobody had one at the time. Oh well, wouda, shoulda, coulda.It was funny. I received an A on the project, but the instructor didn't understand half of the physics involved in what I doing to prevent light falloff. Nowadays, most flash units have the same thing integrated into the body of the unit.db

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

Yep Dave, I did that too. Another opportunity we could have made money on gone! :)

#18 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:47 PM

When I decided to make my first stock, I broad a plank of American Walnut (2,5? x 4? ? 6 feet long) in the local lumberyard. Price: 150 $. It?s enough fore 3 ? 4 stocks.Then I joined me fore a Carver Class, to learn with kind of tools I shod use, and how I shod do the Carving work. It?s a good occupation fore a long cold winter. :) I think the 220 Swift is perfect for fox, especially on long range. I use a 50-grain Hornady V-Max moly-coated bullet. Of course, if the bullet takes a rib, the fox coat can be damaged. :) Mauser

A&B Barrel you Say:How is the Accuracy ? Got any Target Pics.I ask cause I'm in the process of installing an A&B in .243 on one of my Mausers. All I need is a Finish Reamer to head space it.Anyone Got one ?

I am very satisfied with the accuracy in my A&B barrel. Can keep a 5 shot group less than 1 inch on 100 meters.Mauser

#19 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

So it looks like the "Dow" is up but how is the "nazdak" doing :P Sorry couldn't resist B)

Of course, ?Dow? and ?Doe? it?s not the same, but in my ears its sound like. Sorry :D Det er ikke altid nemt for en Dansker med alle de m?rkelige engelske ord! :P Mauser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users