#1 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting - Shooting

Posted 01 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

The 25. of July I was out to try to make some regulation by the fox pups. I sat in a stand and had a great view to a harvest field. There were no fox pups this morning, but after a while a Dow was coming out of the woods, and started feeding, about 120 meters from me. I turned my riflescope on 20-x magnification, and it?s succeeding me to ?catch? the Dow with my camera through the scope.MauserPosted Image
If itís visible, - itís shootible

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:58 AM

Mauser,Could you give us a few details of how you got the camera and scope lined up? Did you use any special settings on the camera?A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

a Dow was coming out of the woods

So it looks like the "Dow" is up but how is the "nazdak" doing :lol: Sorry couldn't resist :) Nice photo, Stiffniek gets those scope pics as well. I to would like to know how you guys do that.But most important were do you find Deer, I seem to only see them on the Discovery channel :)
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#4 tomcat

tomcat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

i like the gun is it custom? lets see sum pics.this is my 98 Mauser in 22-250 with a AL weaber targit BBL all custom Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

Ya' Lets see some pics of the Mauser:Nice Camo on yours TomCat :lol:

#6 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

Mauser,Could you give us a few details of how you got the camera and scope lined up? Did you use any special settings on the camera?A17Shooter

It?s a bit difficult, but I had lined my rifle up on the edge of the stand. The camera settings are on ?MACRO? and then it?s just to find the right distance from- and full pictures in the scope. This work requires some practice. :lol: Mauser

#7 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:14 AM

My fox terminator (Mauser 98) Posted ImageMauser

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:ďWitnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.Ē

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:44 PM

That's what a rifle should look like! Beautiful!!
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#9 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

Sweet: Nice stockNow I need specifics.Cal., Barrel Make, safety make.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,008 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

Your scope is canted. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#11 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

Your scope is canted. :lol:

I noticed the same thing. db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#12 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

neat picture and purdy guns.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#13 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:49 AM

Hej! Answers!Hylander:Stock: Home madeCal: .220 SwiftBarrel Make: ?Adams & Bennett? from MidwayTrigger: ?Timney?Shooter John and Bozsik: I know it look like scope is canted, but it must be a photographic deceit.Mauser

#14 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:36 AM

A&B Barrel you Say:How is the Accuracy ? Got any Target Pics.I ask cause I'm in the process of installing an A&B in .243 on one of my Mausers. All I need is a Finish Reamer to head space it.Anyone Got one ?

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

I've used bullet drop-sheets for many years. I started doing it with my airguns due to their somewhat artillery trajectories. :) But even with my new Varmint Reticle scopes I feel it's worth it to have a chart to glance at when taking the time to use my rangefinder. :)

Time waits for no one--

#16 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

I've used bullet drop-sheets for many years. I started doing it with my airguns due to their somewhat artillery trajectories. :) But even with my new Varmint Reticle scopes I feel it's worth it to have a chart to glance at when taking the time to use my rangefinder. :)

Hey John,I used to have a "cheat sheet" taped to the top of my home-made telephoto flash before they had TTL metering. I wish I had marketed the tele flash when I first thought of using one. I did it for a project in a biological photo class when I was working on my BA in Bio-Photography. Nobody had one at the time. Oh well, wouda, shoulda, coulda.It was funny. I received an A on the project, but the instructor didn't understand half of the physics involved in what I doing to prevent light falloff. Nowadays, most flash units have the same thing integrated into the body of the unit.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

Yep Dave, I did that too. Another opportunity we could have made money on gone! :)

Time waits for no one--

#18 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:47 PM

When I decided to make my first stock, I broad a plank of American Walnut (2,5? x 4? ? 6 feet long) in the local lumberyard. Price: 150 $. It?s enough fore 3 ? 4 stocks.Then I joined me fore a Carver Class, to learn with kind of tools I shod use, and how I shod do the Carving work. It?s a good occupation fore a long cold winter. :) I think the 220 Swift is perfect for fox, especially on long range. I use a 50-grain Hornady V-Max moly-coated bullet. Of course, if the bullet takes a rib, the fox coat can be damaged. :) Mauser

A&B Barrel you Say:How is the Accuracy ? Got any Target Pics.I ask cause I'm in the process of installing an A&B in .243 on one of my Mausers. All I need is a Finish Reamer to head space it.Anyone Got one ?

I am very satisfied with the accuracy in my A&B barrel. Can keep a 5 shot group less than 1 inch on 100 meters.Mauser

#19 Mauser

Mauser

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

So it looks like the "Dow" is up but how is the "nazdak" doing :P Sorry couldn't resist B)

Of course, ?Dow? and ?Doe? it?s not the same, but in my ears its sound like. Sorry :D Det er ikke altid nemt for en Dansker med alle de m?rkelige engelske ord! :P Mauser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users