#1 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Predator Calling, Squirrel Shooting, Reloading

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

I just got this add in an email.Cannon Gun SafeIt seems like a fair price for a pretty good sized safe, but I thought I would get your guys input on it & what you thought of it.Thanks, Lee

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've got the same safe. I got it at Tractor Supply a couple of years ago and it's great. I'd go for it if I were you. And by the way, load it in the back of a pickup, not a trailer. Then you can easily slide it out and stand it up. I did with mine by myself.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Lee, it "APPEARS" to be a Great deal... And it's from Costco, who stands behind all their products, no questions ask. So not sure how you can go wrong with that?With that said, I would really like to SEE it in person somewhere just to help to be sure. AND, I am a HUGE fan of Liberty safes. Of course one of their's in a semi similar model would cost substantially more. So?Anyway, and again, appears to be a great deal. Good Luck in your decision!Frank

#4 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

It looks real nice, the only thing I dont like about the safe is that it has 120Vac power inside if it.If you have 120Vac power to it and you have a fire in the safe it didn't do much good to proctect your guns from fire.Just open the door and place the items to be proctected from fire and theft and leave the 120Vac out of the equaision.my 2cents

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

The 120volt is to power a Golden Rod or backup computer hard drive. I have a Cannon that holds 80 guns and that power box is great. Most safe owners I know use a Golden Rod and in another safe you might have to drill a hole to get power in. I don't understand how having power inside the box is a problem as you have circuit breakers in your home to protect against fires. If you don't want power in yours just don't plug it in outside of the safe, problem solved. Beside I like the USB and ethernet plug inside the safe it makes life much easier.Also this safe retails for $1300 at Cannon and the average price if you look hard enough is around $1000 plus shipping or you haul it. Costco will deliver it to your home for free not a bad deal.Check out their videos: http://www.cannonsafe.com/videos.html

#6 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this deal BPS! My wife was just saying she would like to get me a new safe. I'm going to show her this deal tonight!I think the power/USB/Ethernet connections inside the safe are awesome! No better place to keep a video security DVR than inside a safe...

#7 Hipshot Percussion

Hipshot Percussion

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Bird Hunting- pheasant, Quail
    Bird dog training (two Brittany's)

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

Lee It's hard to beat costco on anything if you don't like it they will take it back. I got a deal on my Browning safe from the tackle box at the bottom of the hill. They run some pretty good deals at times. For that price you could buy two safes, so you will always have room!

#8 tommybuilt

tommybuilt

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

I bought a Winchester safe from Costco about 2 years ago. It has a 9 volt battery in the keypad. The battery goes dead every week or 2. I contacted the company that sells them to Costco, they're out of Texas. They told me that my safe is out of warranty, (1 year) so if I sent them $75 they would give me an extended warranty and send me a new keypad. I told them that I think they have faulty keypads, because its one of the FAQ's on their website, and I'll keep my $75 for batterys. I never heard from them again. I think I'll just get a 120 volt ac to 9 volt dc transformer and plug it in. Maybe I should ask Costco about it. I've heard they're really good about the stuff they sell, even if its out of warranty.

#9 screwwork

screwwork

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

The 120volt is to power a Golden Rod or backup computer hard drive. I have a Cannon that holds 80 guns and that power box is great. Most safe owners I know use a Golden Rod and in another safe you might have to drill a hole to get power in. I don't understand how having power inside the box is a problem as you have circuit breakers in your home to protect against fires. If you don't want power in yours just don't plug it in outside of the safe, problem solved. Beside I like the USB and ethernet plug inside the safe it makes life much easier.

SJ,I didnt think about having a Golden Rod heater for gun corrosion in a safe and that is the reason for 120Vac.Baja_TravelerI see your pointquote (I think the power/USB/Ethernet connections inside the safe are awesome! No better place to keep a video security DVR than inside a safe...)thanks for the gun safe info

#10 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback guy's.A while back I thought someone posted up a link on Gun Safes, what to look for, what to avoid, but for the life of me I can't find it.I hope some of you guys can snatch up some of these safes. Lee

#11 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback guy's.A while back I thought someone posted up a link on Gun Safes, what to look for, what to avoid, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Was this that thread?http://www.californi...d...st&p=165667

#12 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

OK, cleared it with the boss and just got done ordering mine! Now I can use the weekend to clear out a space in my back room for it...Thanks again for the heads up!

#13 BPS

BPS

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

Was this that thread?http://www.californi...d...st&p=165667

Thats the one, Thanks Mtn Dog

#14 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Lol my truck has the dura coating in it, good stuff but when I tried to winch it out with my quad, It just pulled me to the truck lol. Then, I had 3 adults in the truck bed pushing, while I was in reverse, then, I was able to pull it to the tailgate, from there it was easy. Oh and it was still in the cardboard box and it still wouldn't slide out lol

#15 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I just got this add in an email.Cannon Gun SafeIt seems like a fair price for a pretty good sized safe, but I thought I would get your guys input on it & what you thought of it.Thanks, Lee

I got my gun-safe at Costco several years ago, I got a Good deal and I'm happy with it. Now I'm thinking I wanta upgrade! This is a very good deal for this safe. and as usual .....

Standard shipping via common carrier is included in the quoted price. Curbside delivery, signature required. Carrier will call to set up a delivery time. Extraordinary delivery requirements may necessitate an additional fee to the carrier. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 4 - 6 weeks from the time of order.

...... Free shipping!If your in the market for a Good gun safe you really can't beat this.

#16 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Got the call today - mine is being delivered tomorrow. Going to have to rent a heavy duty dolly to get it moved into the house.

#17 PBM

PBM

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Cycle riding-got a Vstar 1100. My wife says I like to remodel our house.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

I've seen that at Costco. I'd buy it.

#18 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

if your in the fresno area also you can take a look at sturdy safe hard to beat them for the price.and as an FYI if your going to lay a safe in the back of your truck put a piece of carpet under it helps to slide it out easier.

#19 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

get a furniture dolly from harbor freight. They are cheap and the wheels roll over everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users