17 replies to this topic

#1 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

In case any of you guys are interested, here is an announcement from Foxpro about a great new innovation:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------To All,We at FOXPRO are pleased to offer once again another innovative feature that will prove itself to be a valuable tool in the field. This feature is what we call FOXBANG. FOXBANG is a feature that, if activated, is designed to automatically switch the sound playing on your caller to Preset #1 when your firearm is discharged. The transmitter has been engineered with circuitry to detect high sound pressure levels, such as a gunshot muzzle blast. It is common knowledge that once you shoot at a coyote (or fox, etc.), that many like to switch the caller immediately to a coyote pup distress, ki-yi, or other predator in distress sound at a high volume. What this has involved in the past was to take your hand off of the gun, locate the Preset #1 button (if your caller even has Presets), and depress it. While it is only one button press away from activation, it still forces you to take your attention away from what's in front of you. If your caller doesn't have Presets that store both your preferred sound and volume settings, then you need to not only take your hand off of the gun and find the sound that you need to switch to, but also adjust the volume to your desired setting. With FOXBANG, this scenario is now avoidable. If you have Preset #1 set up as a Coyote Pup Distress at a high volume, then the unit will immediately begin playing this sound and volume setting with no input from you at all, allowing you to remain focused on what is happening in front of you.We at FOXPRO have been working very hard at finding ways to make each and every stand as effortless as possible. With such features as Auto Volume, FOXFADE, FOXCAST (custom preset stand sequences), Custom Presets (that store both sound and volume settings), and now FOXBANG, we are proud to continue to lead the way with innovative features to make you more successful in the field.To view preliminary FOXBANG instructions and setup from the instruction manual, click the following link:FOXBANG FOXBANG will be available on the New Firestorm and Scorpion X1B models, releasing next week.

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Now that is a perfect example of staying ahead of the curve. The reason you guys managed to capture the dominating market share is via your innovative thinking. It's easy to sit back and be happy but I applaud you for reaching forward and constantly raising the bar. It is hard enough just bring a product to market but to run way ahead of the pack and stay there requires forethought and imagination. :signgreatreport3kg: :504:

#3 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

Mike Dillon just posted that anyone with an ecaller using the TX500 remote will be able to upgrade to this feature. Price has not been published yet. I think it is a feature that will help just about anybody.

#4 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

I do not own a Foxpro. I own one of your competitor's units that I purchased a long time ago. I am happy with its performance but at the same time, I have a lot of respect for Mike's business savvy, technical perception and marketing abilities. Foxpro is a company and a product line to be very proud of. :signgreatreport3kg:

#5 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

I have always thought Foxpro is the way to go and they make Pennsylvania proud!

#6 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

I'm sure that new feature will make Foxpro a nice chunk of change thru upgrades to existing units as well as a new feature on new units.I'd imagine it's a nice feature to have for the people who like to switch sounds after every shot.

#7 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Will look forward to info for upgrade and price Have the Fury

#8 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Wish my fx5 had the tx500 remote, because I am very lazy.

#9 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

Really?!First off, let me say that I applaud Foxpro for the initiative and their ability to move their products forward. Hell, I have a Foxpro and I have never had any issues with upgrades, repairs or their customer service. I'm not bagging on Foxpro, they make a good product, and when they spot something the public perceives it needs, they jump on it...bravo!Now, having said that, I think most, if not all the fun in calling is the challenge of fooling that animal. If you can't pull it together to pick the sound (e-caller or hand calls), emit that sound, stop calling or lower the volume when the animal comes in, settle in for the shot, take the shot successfully and then immediately decide what to do next, I think you're missing a huge chunk of the excitment. If you think about it, the Foxbang essentially eliminates the pushing of a single pre-set button after the shot...really?! Are we all that lazy? You take a shot, jack another round in, press the press set and start looking. Or, like I do, just keep using the call that brought that one in.Again, I'm not bagging on Foxpro for continuing to think of new inovations. But I think we're headed so far down the technological road, that the true excitment of calling is being left behind. Some of my best and most memorable hunts have involved a $7.00 plastic whistle and the early morning desert. If they start designing that into their e-callers, I'll hang it up!Just my two cents

#10 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

If they start designing that into their e-callers, I'll hang it up!Just my two cents

Point taken. Cabela's sells several hunting video games so maybe we're already there. At the pace Kalifornia is squeezing hunters out of existence, maybe virtual hunting games are the future for all of us anyway. LOL... if so, I would expect Sacramento to require a license to play hunting video games if they thought they could squeeze $$$ from that legislation. Seriously, there will always be debates about what is the most "pure" way to hunt or fish. Is a mouth caller a better hunter than the eCaller guy? If so, then is the best hunter the archer who can ambush coyotes up close and personal with just lip squeaks? Or will someone insist it's better still to hunt with a camera to conserve the critters for others and on and on and on. In the end, we'll all agree to disagree. If it's any consolation, I probably buy my first FoxPro and junk my home-built El Cheapo caller, but I will always tip my hat to the old timers who can do more with natural talent and less gear. I buy gear because I need more excuses. :signlol2iu:

#11 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

I don't think the development of Foxbang had anything to do with anybody being lazy. IMO, it does make you more efficient without any added movement or taking your eyes off the playing field.

#12 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

First off, let me say that I applaud Foxpro for the initiative and their ability to move their products forward. Hell, I have a Foxpro and I have never had any issues with upgrades, repairs or their customer service. I'm not bagging on Foxpro, they make a good product, and when they spot something the public perceives it needs, they jump on it...bravo!

Brown noser.... :rolleyes:

#13 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

If they had a setting that said "Git Some!" after a shot I'd buy it in a minute. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#14 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Got to hand it to Foxpro...they know as long as they keep coming out with new upgrades, regardless to how silly they may be... alot of the people who use their products just got to have them. I see they have made this option available as an upgrade...85.00 bucks + shipping. That should generate some revenue.

#15 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Just got both the Fury and CS-24 back from Foxpro. Added Foxbang to both and a dual battery pack with plug ins to the CS-24. Foxbang works so slick and is easy to turn on. The ecaller must be on for Foxbang to activate when the gun goes off, and it turns on Preset 1, which is Coyote Death Cry on my unit. I sat Preset 0 to my Cronk Lip Squeak at zero volume, so I can mute the caller without turning it off. If I end up not getting a shot immediately, my favorite coaxer is already activated needing only volume increase. I look forward to using it in actual hunting setups.

#16 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

I look forward to using it in actual hunting setups.

A report on the results in action will be cool.

#17 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

One of my friends has the Foxbang on his new Firestorm. Gave his fx3 to his dad. He hasn't tried it yet, but may be interesting when he does. We'll see! On a fast incoming AND exiting coyote, one sometimes has very little to no time to recover, reload, manually change to death cry sound(or whatever), re-aim, get on target and especially in heavy cover. If the coyote does not stop or slow down on whatever sound you were trying to stop him with, that will also make the whole scenario all the more difficult.I cannot recall having luck using the same sound trying to stop a shot at coyote, that brought him in the first place. Not saying it doesn't happen or that I haven't done it, but just seems more difficult to con a dog with the same sound that caused his hide to part in the first place. Some kind of coyote vocals would seem more convincing; puppy yipes, death cry etc?I'll wait for some results (or lack of) before I discount a potentially good tool.Frank

#18 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

Possumal's idea of using preset "0" on volume zero in place of the mute button is a great idea. The Foxbang switching to preset #1 does not work when the call has been muted with the mute button. So Al is going to use preset "O" to silence the call when he wants to, so the Foxbang will work when he fires a shot because the call was not muted with the mute button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users