• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

Range was 50 yds, used the Eley ammo. Them aluminum cans are pretty easy game. Thought you might like to see the blow-up. Look for a link under the pictures for the video!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'd like to get the bullet in the pic but, I don't think my equipment will do that job.Video as MOVVideo as WMV

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

:yikes[1]: Whats the videos camera you're using?What are you shooting the Eley out of? I've got a 10/22 convert to HM2 that I found that out of all the brands CCI or Hornady group the best, which is ok by me as Eley was the most expensive IIRC. Now out of my 22 target pistol that stuff is the shizz!

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

The camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ30. It's a digital still camera and, obviously, I was running the movie mode. It captures 30 FPS with 640 X 480 resolution. The camera was set about 15 ft from the target and zoomed in fairly tight. I don't have a remote so it was start camera, jog 50, shoot, jog 50, stop camera. :yikes[1]: All of my HM2 work is done with TC Contenders. Yesterday it was this 14" barrelled pistola.

Posted Image

Eley's MSRP is sky-high. But, you can find it discounted to between $3 & $4 on a regular basis. Ammunition to Go is where I have been buying lately. The link should take you straight to the HM2 ammo. Eley is the only brand of HM2 he has. Ask for the Rimfire Central discount to get a little better price. He'll either give it to you or he has discontinued the offer.The Eley shoots very well in my Contenders. Both of the Contenders are using factory barrels, so there's nothing special about them. Here's the link to my HM2 test data.Have you had any of the problems, with your 10/22 conversion, that are being reported by others on the Internet? What components did you use for the conversion?Later

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

Have you had any of the problems, with your 10/22 conversion, that are being reported by others on the Internet? What components did you use for the conversion?

I used the Boyds kit w/E.R. Shaw barrel. Previous Post I think the kit EABCO sells is also an oem Shaw kit.I upgraded the extractor, hammer and sear w/a VQ and did some more tweaking with the pre/post travel and have a pull down around 1.5 - 2lbs by guesstimate. I have had zero problems and it's a really fun gun. I want Ruger to produce either the 22mag again or 17HMR in the semi auto platform. It's the Jeep of 22's as it so modular and so many after market parts are available to tune and customize.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

Cool pictures! If you get me the video I can get it uploaded to share.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Cool pictures! If you get me the video I can get it uploaded to share.

Ok, I'm going to try to cut the leader and trailer down to where it's only about 10 seconds long. Let me know how you want it sent.

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

You can just e-mail it to me heath AT aboutgbs DOT com

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Video added !!Video as MOVVideo as WMV

#9 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Good job, Heath

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

Thanks! After I get the kids down for the night I may try and get it slowed down to half speed or less to show it blowing up a little better.

#11 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

I'll send you an adult version to play with.

#12 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

<Steve Martin>"He hates these cans!" :rofl2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users