• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

Well I went to the local gun store and there was some of the fabled Winchester White Box .223s that I used to get at Walmart. The boxes were a bit dusty but they were good so I scooped them up. If you like these rounds and were dissapointed when Walmart stopped carrying them, check the small, mom and pop gun stores in the out of the way places. You might find some. I wish I knew why Olin quit making these. They had to have sold a ton of them!!!Jason

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

Not sure why &/or if Olin quit making them, however, I do know the Iraq war is sucking up a lot of our ammo supply. Luckly I have a life time supply of those Win white box hollow points. Also try finding the Black Hills, blue box of 223, 50gr V max ammo. It won't happen, & I bought the last 500 rounds in So Dakota about a month ago. Well, they had a few boxes left. I also paid a MUCH higher price than just last year.Hey, with this lead ban coming, what's the point anyhow, eh? Boy, that one irritates me to no end. Unreal !Frank

#3 tW!tcH

tW!tcH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

I agree about the lead ban. I am a pheasant hunter and some of the refuges only let you shoot non-lead. I still don't think that they shoot as well as the lead, but they have you over a barrel.

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hey, with this lead ban coming, what's the point anyhow, eh? Boy, that one irritates me to no end. Unreal !Frank

I use them on squirrels which should still be legal at least initially after the lead ban. The 45 gr JHPs just shoot really nice out of my Savage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users