• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

I just read on another website that Colorado's 14 member, F&G commission recently voted UNANIMOUSLY to KEEP the ban on electronic callers from being used on ANY game species. I believe it was in the Denver Post, written just a few days ago.Anyway, just wondering how true this is, and if anyone knows about it? I know Colorado (my home state) has turned into a liberal lunatic's state, but this is absurd, if true. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

I believe that ban is just for cougars.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 mtn dog

mtn dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting.
    Other interests:
    My family, writing, photography, 2nd Amendment.
    Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Are coyotes considered to be game or non-game in Colorado?
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

They are considered fur bearers and electronic callers are legal during normal hunting hours. That law is for the mountain lions because of their dwindling numbers. We could ship them some from California along with a load of condors.

Time waits for no one--

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yeah, John & Ken, those were also my two thoughts &/or questions? One individual from Colorado made a comment that everyone will be selling their e callers now. Which sorta does not make sense, as this ban had obviously already been in effect for some time and just re-supported. In other words, folks would not have purchased their e callers to begin with, if they were already illegal to use on "game". Whatever the definition of "game" is? I sorta think they just might not be allowed on cougars. But hey?

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

It is just illegal to use the callers on cougar. It's fine for every other fur bearer in Colorado.I tried to post a link to the story but the Denver Post is one of the papers own by a company that will sue you if you post their stories.

Time waits for no one--

#7 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Makes sense, John, and Thanks... Too much about the Denver Post... Unfortunately we are a sue happy nation. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#8 rdsii64

rdsii64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

It is just illegal to use the callers on cougar. It's fine for every other fur bearer in Colorado.I tried to post a link to the story but the Denver Post is one of the papers own by a company that will sue you if you post their stories.

That can be a bit weird. If you are legitimately calling coyotes and a bit cat comes to the call, if you're using an e-caller you better not have hour booger hook on the bang switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users