• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

I got really close to buying a new waterfowl gun until I ran across this. I sure want to see one.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

That's a pretty slick commercial. If the gun is half that it would be a winner.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

clampdaddy That does look like one to consider. I know I have had good luck with my GoldHunter Browning. I've been shooting it alot for the past 15 years or so and it is reliable. Alot of the guys at the Club shoot the Benelli's and Beretta's but they are not as reliable as my Browning. Do you park at the end of Gun Club Rd. with a Chevy 4x4 w/a winch on the front? If so you spent a long day there Sat. I can't spend all day in the blind like that. My old back just can't take it anymore.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#4 Browning Goddess

Browning Goddess

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Saw this thread and have to jump in...I LOVE Brownings and this gun is SWEET!! I saw this utube posting in another forum I am a member of and just thought it had some great features.I also priced them out...1190.00. Typical price, but I will wait until our FFL goes through and buy at dealers cost. I would highly recommend the gun, Browning has always delievered a quality product. I would definitely trade my beneli in for this one.
Live, Love, and Hunt

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

clampdaddy That does look like one to consider. I know I have had good luck with my GoldHunter Browning. I've been shooting it alot for the past 15 years or so and it is reliable. Alot of the guys at the Club shoot the Benelli's and Beretta's but they are not as reliable as my Browning. Do you park at the end of Gun Club Rd. with a Chevy 4x4 w/a winch on the front? If so you spent a long day there Sat. I can't spend all day in the blind like that. My old back just can't take it anymore.

Yep, that was me. I hunt that corner blind. That south east wind didn't do us any favors. We need a north wind. Birds were more intersted in migrating than talking. It was such a nice day that we just hung out in the blind all day.I have a browning silver hunter and it has been great. Not a single jam or failure to fire yet. I thought about getting one in camo but I want to see the new maxus before I buy anything.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

I saw that Browning has the new gun on their wbsite so I went to the gunshop and they told me that they should be getting them in two months. :doh[1]:

#7 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

Isnt this the same gun as the Winchester SX3. I was told by someone at a gun shop that they are all manufactured by the same company.... :WTF_1:

#8 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

If it is, those SX3's aren't that bad. One of my huntin' buds just picked one up, his has run flawlessly since the beginning of this season. And it may be one of the lightest semi-auto's I've ever held.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Isnt this the same gun as the Winchester SX3. I was told by someone at a gun shop that they are all manufactured by the same company.... :WTF_1:

Yes, they are all made by the same company (Fabrique National), but no, the maxus isn't the same as the SX3. The Browning Silver Hunter has the same internals as the SX3. Even though they are mechanicaly identicle, Winchester is calling the SX3 "the fastest shotgun on the planet" because for one, the browning silver is about $200 bucks cheaper than the winchester, and second, if FN used that same sales pitch with the Browning silver they wouldn't sell any SX3s.

#10 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

That's it! I'm not aloud to hang out with you guys anymore!!!! I was done buying guns.. Now this?!!! :censored[1]:

#11 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

I know!! I'm going to sell that 11-87 and get either this or the Extrema II.
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

You can never have enough guns. :censored[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#13 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

I know. But $1200 vs. $600 is nice when you can put the 600 towards the 1200. Ive never sold a gun, but this might be my first. And you're getting good at spending my money, John!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#14 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

I have a whole new delema to deal with! I've been saving up for the Maxus and last night my wife tells me that her dad wants to know if I want to buy his M1 Garand....... :signs165xk: and :hellohello9il: at the same time!!!!

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

I hope you're getting the M1 Garand! If not I'll take it for you and I'll will it back to you.

Time waits for no one--

#16 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

:signs121fj: Yeah, as long as he doesn't want more than it's worth I'm going to get the Garand. I can get a new shotgun anytime but original M1s in good condition are getting harder to find.

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

You've got that right. I'd like to find a nice one.

Time waits for no one--

#18 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

You've got that right. I'd like to find a nice one.

I'm surprized you don't have a closet full of them SJ.

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,028 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

I used to have some nice military arms but traded and sold some when the assault weapon ban came about. Stupid me.

Time waits for no one--

#20 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

Finally got a chance to check out a Maxus in person.....daddy like!!! That thing is super light and the oversized trigger guard will be great for hunting while wearing gloves. The wife wouldn't let me put one on the credit card ;) so I'm back to saving my pennies, should have enough dough to bring one home in a couple months. :signs653wf:

#21 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

Alright has any body actually ran one of these through a real duck season and still talked good about it. If the answer is yes then I am interested. I will just buy one period. Other wise I will keep shooting my Beneli. I know a lot of people have had problems with there Beneli's. Mine jammed the first year I had it after about five trips. Took it completely apart and put graphite grease where I thought I was having problems in the places I can't spray D-40. It has not misfired once in two years. I also love old Hump Backs, but mine are all wore out.
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#22 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

Alright has any body actually ran one of these through a real duck season and still talked good about it....

They have only been on the shelf for a few weeks. I plan on getting one so I'll let you know at the end of this years duck season. I'm not really concerned about getting reviews on the gun before I buy one mainly because browning has never really made a poorly designed gun that I know of.

#23 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:19 AM

So, what is the verdict? Did you get one and if so how do you like it?Karl
Karl

#24 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Yes, I got one, and Yes, it kicks a$$!!! The only failure I had all season was due to a faulty shell. It is really easy to clean and the recoil is really soft even with the big 3.5 inch shells. I highly recommend it. The only thing I'd change is the barrel rib. I prefer a raised rib and this gun wears a flat one like a Beretta. It took me a week or two to get used to it.

#25 Karl

Karl

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

Looks like my next shotgun! Always liked Browning.Thanks for the report. Karl
Karl

#26 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

I bought one late in the season and shot it the last month on Ducks. I'm with Clampdaddy it is a great shotgun. The only thing I don't like is the carrier it's like a knife, pinchy and will hurt you if not very careful while reloading. I ended up taping my thumb like I do in Mexico or Argentina while Dove hunting. I only shoot 2 3/4" shells for ducks normally but tried some of my partners 3" shells and the recoil was minimal. I wish they made them in 20 ga. but I really don't need anymore shotguns.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#27 trn2kill

trn2kill

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

I think i just found my next shotgun this looks and sounds amazing.
Wither it has two legs or four it makes for a great target.USMC Semper Fidelis

#28 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

I have the SX3 and Love it BF wait till you try the Dead Coyote 3 1/2 load only wearing a tee shirt :roflmao3[1]: Shooting hi base 2 3/4 loads was like my 20 ga

#29 lenny

lenny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location:Buena Park, CA............. 17 Coyote kills.. 1 Bob Cat
  • Interests:hunting/offroad racing/drinking beer at the river and drinking beer.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

I got my Maxus before the 09 dove season and shot the chit out of it for dove and quail.So far I love it but it will bite your finger if your not fast loading the gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users